"Geneva: City and Lake" Geneva by travelfrosch
Geneva Travel Guide: 1,050 reviews and 2,375 photos
We stopped here in Geneva for an afternoon and overnight before we caught our plane to Copenhagen. It was a beautiful day, if a bit warm. The primary monument of Geneva, the Jet d'Eau, looked cool and inviting.
Walking towards the Jet d'Eau, we found a walkway out into the lake. It made for some pleasant views. Beware the slippery footing, however, or you could end up with more cooling than you bargained for.
Geneva is quite pleasant and walkable, with the very scenic Lake Geneva in its midst. It's certainly a very nice place to stop before an overnight train or early morning flight. However, if the weather is clear, it makes more sense to be in the mountains than in any Swiss city.
Geneva's Airport (Code: GVA) is serviced by 67 airlines from Aer Lingus to Varig. Service to/from Geneva is available... more travel advice
If you're at the Jardin Anglais and aren't sure what time it is, there's an unusual and pretty way to tell the time.... more travel advice
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Geneva Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Le songe d'une nuit d'été"
- "diplomats, scientists and watch makers!"
- "Geneva by Trip@ck"
- "An international crossroads"
- "Home of the America's Cup"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Geneva
- Hotels in Geneva
- Transportation in Geneva
- Nightlife in Geneva
- Restaurants in Geneva
- Shopping in Geneva
- Warnings and Dangers in Geneva
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Geneva
- 6 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 22 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Geneva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Geneva
Photos in GenevaSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 46 reviews, 168 photos
- New York City Intro, 33 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 27 reviews, 93 photos
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akureyri Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Europe Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues