"Geneva: City and Lake" Geneva by travelfrosch

Geneva Travel Guide: 1,050 reviews and 2,375 photos

A Brief Stop

We stopped here in Geneva for an afternoon and overnight before we caught our plane to Copenhagen. It was a beautiful day, if a bit warm. The primary monument of Geneva, the Jet d'Eau, looked cool and inviting.

The Lake

Walking towards the Jet d'Eau, we found a walkway out into the lake. It made for some pleasant views. Beware the slippery footing, however, or you could end up with more cooling than you bargained for.

Nearby Mountains

Geneva is quite pleasant and walkable, with the very scenic Lake Geneva in its midst. It's certainly a very nice place to stop before an overnight train or early morning flight. However, if the weather is clear, it makes more sense to be in the mountains than in any Swiss city.

• Last visit to Geneva: Jun 2014

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Very nice page, Mark.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I have to admit, I never liked Geneve very much, but Château Chillon is really worth a visit !

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I enjoyed Chateau Chillon too! Love flower clocks when they are in full bloom!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Glad you enjoyed your afternoon and evening in Geneva. I was there last year for the summer solstice and had a great time. (Seems like a long time ago since we are having an unusually cold winter this year, well this week anyway.)

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2007 at 7:41 PM

A small but helpful page on Geneva :-)

travelfrosch

“"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin”

Badges & Stats in Geneva