"Geneva: City and Lake" Geneva by travelfrosch
Geneva Travel Guide: 1,076 reviews and 2,463 photos
We stopped here in Geneva for an afternoon and overnight before we caught our plane to Copenhagen. It was a beautiful day, if a bit warm. The primary monument of Geneva, the Jet d'Eau, looked cool and inviting.
Walking towards the Jet d'Eau, we found a walkway out into the lake. It made for some pleasant views. Beware the slippery footing, however, or you could end up with more cooling than you bargained for.
Geneva is quite pleasant and walkable, with the very scenic Lake Geneva in its midst. It's certainly a very nice place to stop before an overnight train or early morning flight. However, if the weather is clear, it makes more sense to be in the mountains than in any Swiss city.
Novotel Genève Centre is a full service hotel that offers some discounts if you book online in advance. We were able to... more travel advice
We were hungry, so when we found a restaurant right next to the hotel, it seemed the place to go. The restaurant was... more travel advice
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Geneva Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "diplomats, scientists and watch makers!"
- "Le songe d'une nuit d'été"
- "Geneva by Trip@ck"
- "An international crossroads"
- "Home of the America's Cup"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Geneva
- Hotels in Geneva
- Transportation in Geneva
- Nightlife in Geneva
- Restaurants in Geneva
- Shopping in Geneva
- Warnings and Dangers in Geneva
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Geneva
- 7 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 30 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (122)
Have you been to Geneva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Geneva
Photos in GenevaSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 50 reviews, 184 photos
- New York City Intro, 33 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 28 reviews, 98 photos
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akureyri Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Porto Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos