"Lindau *IN* Bodensee" Top 5 Page for this destination Lindau by travelfrosch
Lindau Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 366 photos
Proud locals call their town Lindau in Bodensee. This village, they point out, is not on the lake, but rather in it. On or in, it is undoubtedly a gorgeous place to visit. And visited it is by a great number of German vacationers.
In addition to the lake all around, you can enjoy strolling through the narrow streets and classic architecture of this former medieval "Imperial Free City" at the crossroads of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
As you might expect, a popular activity is to take boats around the lake. You can either take scenic tours, or use the frequent (during summer, at least) boats to continue your journey. For example, we took a boat across the lake to Switzerland, subsequently re-joining the rails for our journey to the Swiss Alps.
Wandering around searching for a place serving lunch (harder than you think!), we stumbled across this beer garden. The... more travel advice
This street name got my attention because of the way it was spelled. A rather active gentleman named Jim Cramer hosts a... more travel advice
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Lindau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MEDIEVAL OLD TOWN OF LINDAU"
- "Lindau *IN* Bodensee"
- "A Bavarian town on the Lake Constance"
- "Lindau - just enchanting!"
- "Official brand: "The happy end of Germany" (?!)"
- "Home to Bavaria's only lighthouse"
- "Lindau - "The Happy End of Germany""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lindau
- Hotels in Lindau
- Transportation in Lindau
- Restaurants in Lindau
- Warnings and Dangers in Lindau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lindau
- 14 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (124)
Have you been to Lindau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lindau
Photos in LindauSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 50 reviews, 184 photos
- New York City Intro, 33 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 27 reviews, 93 photos
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akureyri Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Porto Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos