"Zakopane and the Tatras" Zakopane by travelfrosch
Zakopane Travel Guide: 370 reviews and 891 photos
As I was planning our vacation this year, I was pretty sure Poland would be on the itinerary, so I obtained a Poland guidebook. As has been the custom, I then handed the book to Sara to determine more specific destinations (she did a wonderful job the previous year with Mykines in the Faroe Islands and Hrísey in Iceland). After about 30 minutes, she turned to me and said, "I want to go THERE!" and pointed at Zakopane on the map. OK, I thought as I grabbed the book, so what is Zakopane anyway? The book described it as a "Polish mountain resort." A mountain resort? In Poland? Now this I've GOT to see!
Sure enough, it is indeed a mountain resort on the southern extreme of Poland, at the edge of the Tatras mountains. As you can see, the mountains are for real and beautiful.
If you walk north on Kurpowki Street, you'll pass through a busy open-air market and on to the base station for a... more travel advice
Because of the mountainous terrain between Krakow and Zakopane, trains are extremely slow; despite the relatively short... more travel advice
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Zakopane Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aim High in Zakopane"
- "ZAKOPANE - WINTER CAPITAL OF POLAND"
- "Ben-UK's Zakopane page"
- "Nice memories of some happy times"
- "Zakopane and neighbourhood - my home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zakopane
- Hotels in Zakopane
- Transportation in Zakopane
- Nightlife in Zakopane
- Restaurants in Zakopane
- Shopping in Zakopane
- Warnings and Dangers in Zakopane
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zakopane
- 6 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (125)
Have you been to Zakopane?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zakopane
Photos in ZakopaneSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 50 reviews, 184 photos
- New York City Intro, 33 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 28 reviews, 98 photos
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akureyri Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Porto Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos