"An Instant Favorite" Hrísey by travelfrosch
Hrísey Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 42 photos
This island, located right in the middle of the gorgeous Eyjafjörður, has to rate as the favorite place we visited in Iceland. When the weather is bright and clear, you can enjoy the splendid landscape, the deep blue of the fjord, and the magnificent white-capped mountains all around. The surroundings are unlikely to disappoint.
The hiking is absolutely magnificent. While it's not overly challenging, you do need to be sure you stay on the paths. Be sure to follow the trail markers rather than what appears to be a trail.
One of the hiking trails will take you right along the edge of the island, allowing you to look down and across the fjord at the amazing scenery. In fact, we enjoyed the hiking so much, we came back for a second day trip!
- In a nutshell:We'll be back...
We were unable to identify this unique bird, but we could identify its call. It sounded electronic, like something from... more travel advice
Along the hiking trail, you can see the remnants of an ancient farm. While no record exists of when this farm was... more travel advice
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Hrísey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Instant Favorite"
- "Hello from Hrísey"
- "Energi point of the earth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hrísey
- Hotels in Hrísey
- Transportation in Hrísey
- Restaurants in Hrísey
- Shopping in Hrísey
- Warnings and Dangers in Hrísey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hrísey
- 15 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (124)
Have you been to Hrísey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hrísey
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 50 reviews, 184 photos
- New York City Intro, 33 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 27 reviews, 93 photos
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akureyri Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Porto Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos