"Traben-Trarbach" Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach by travelfrosch

Traben-Trarbach Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 410 photos

A Fond Memory

The first place I lived outside the USA was Traben-Trarbach, a small village on the Mosel River just about midway between Trier and Koblenz. I remember Traben-Trarbach being very peaceful and scenic. The plentiful sweet white Riesling wine wasn't hard to take, either.

A Tale of Two Towns

Traben-Trarbach wasn't always a single town. At one time, there were two towns on either side of the river: Traben and Trarbach. Either to make local government more efficient or to derive amusement from watching foreigners trying to pronounce long German words, the two towns, along with several nearby villages, were merged to become the town of Traben-Trarbach.

My Parents' Visit

About a year after I arrived, my parents came to visit me. I'm happy to say they were quite pleased with my surroundings. I'm also pleased I uncovered photos from this trip, which allowed me to make this page!

• Last visit to Traben-Trarbach: Jul 2010
  • Intro Updated Dec 2, 2013

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2009 at 9:22 AM

OH we were just here on the Mosel for a week of our 5 in Europe this Spring; and my best girlfriend fr Heidelberg was with us, to help show the area! wonderful that you lived there awhile!! and you helped me identify some of my pics!!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Nice memories of a lovely time. Reminds me of our visit to our son who was in Germany w/ the Army in the mid 80's. Terrific architecture... and wine!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2007 at 8:43 AM

Yes, great stories about the city :-) Oh and great tip as well to hike to Bernkastel-Kues :-) With all these views, it sounds marvellous. Oh, you should visit the Kässes next year before or after Karlsruhe :-)

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2007 at 4:26 PM

Great stories of Traben-Trabach.

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2007 at 6:05 PM

Traben-Trarbach, a quiet place full of memories. It might still be undiscoved by tourist, yet this is the type of place I would love to live. Simple life that is.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2007 at 2:33 PM

Nice tips on a place not known yet to me

• terps94's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 6:37 PM

This place brings back great memories of the mosel area...we really need to go back there hehehe.. Edgar

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2006 at 2:21 AM

This is a lovely place and mostly unknown by tourists !

travelfrosch Used To Live Here!

travelfrosch

“"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin”

Badges & Stats in Traben-Trarbach

Have you been to Traben-Trarbach?

Latest Activity in Traben-Trarbach