"Traben-Trarbach" Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach by travelfrosch
Traben-Trarbach Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 410 photos
The first place I lived outside the USA was Traben-Trarbach, a small village on the Mosel River just about midway between Trier and Koblenz. I remember Traben-Trarbach being very peaceful and scenic. The plentiful sweet white Riesling wine wasn't hard to take, either.
Traben-Trarbach wasn't always a single town. At one time, there were two towns on either side of the river: Traben and Trarbach. Either to make local government more efficient or to derive amusement from watching foreigners trying to pronounce long German words, the two towns, along with several nearby villages, were merged to become the town of Traben-Trarbach.
About a year after I arrived, my parents came to visit me. I'm happy to say they were quite pleased with my surroundings. I'm also pleased I uncovered photos from this trip, which allowed me to make this page!
What must be among the best bakeries in the Mosel Valley is Cafe Balles. This place, right along the river, is famous... more travel advice
Traben-Trarbach is served by a very slow but scenic local train. Hourly trains go between Traben-Trarbach and Bullay, a... more travel advice
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Traben-Trarbach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jugendstil on the Mosel river"
- "LOVELY TOWN ON THE MOSEL RIVER"
- "Traben-Trarbach -- The heart of Mosel Wine Country"
- "A Tiny Jewel in the Middle Mosel"
- "Welcome to the beautiful Mosel valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Traben-Trarbach
- Hotels in Traben-Trarbach
- Transportation in Traben-Trarbach
- Nightlife in Traben-Trarbach
- Restaurants in Traben-Trarbach
- Shopping in Traben-Trarbach
- Warnings and Dangers in Traben-Trarbach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Traben-Trarbach
- 8 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (121)
Have you been to Traben-Trarbach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Traben-Trarbach
- Posted in Travel Hyannis Forum "Re: Nantucket or Marthas Vineyard"
- updated a Traben-Trarbach Travel Page "Traben-Trarbach"
- Wrote a Review Magnificent Pastries in Traben-Trarbach Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Good Italian Restaurant in Traben"
- Commented on one of globetrott's Traben-Trarbach travel pages
Photos in Traben-TrarbachSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 50 reviews, 184 photos
- New York City Intro, 33 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 27 reviews, 93 photos
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akureyri Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Porto Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos