"End of the Line" Top 5 Page for this destination Kirkenes by travelfrosch
Kirkenes Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 166 photos
Our coastal steamer arrived in Kirkenes at 10AM. We were required to vacate our cabin by 9:30. We were asked to leave the ship immediately upon arrival at port. The line by Apu from "The Simpsons" came to mind: "Please pay for your purchases and get out and come again!"
Kirkenes is a bit more welcoming. There's a hardworking tourist office downtown. In addition, there are a couple of modest sights, a museum, and some nice views to be had if you climb the hill.
Here, you have a nice view of the fjord as the Coastal Steamer, reloaded with paying passengers, begins its return voyage to Bergen.
Well, we made it to our final destination. It's certainly a long way from just about anywhere, with the exception of Boris Gleb, Russia. Fortunately, there's an airport nearby with flights to Oslo. On this page, I'll list some impressions of Kirkenes we got during our 10 hour layover between steamer arrival and plane departure. Enjoy!
If you have an electronic ticket, it's not difficult at all to get your boarding pass. Just follow the touch-screen... more travel advice
The coastal steamer arrives in Kirkenes daily at 10AM. The ship will then turn around and depart at 12:45PM for the... more travel advice
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Kirkenes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The end-point of Hurtigruten"
- "End of the Line"
- "To the Top of Norway!"
- "Kool Kirkenes!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kirkenes
- Hotels in Kirkenes
- Transportation in Kirkenes
- Nightlife in Kirkenes
- Shopping in Kirkenes
- Warnings and Dangers in Kirkenes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kirkenes
- 10 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (125)
Have you been to Kirkenes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kirkenes
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 50 reviews, 184 photos
- New York City Intro, 33 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 28 reviews, 98 photos
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akureyri Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Porto Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos