"Ulvik and the Hardagnerfjord" Ulvik by travelfrosch
Ulvik Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 20 photos
We spent 2 nights here on our 2004 trip, coming in via bus from Voss. The weather wasn't very good, so we weren't able to do much hiking or take too many pictures. The area was beautiful, though -- we wouldn't mind visiting here again.
Our plans for hiking were canceled as a result of bad weather. Instead, we went on a tour to visit the Hardagnervidda Glacier Museum, and Vøringsfoss, Norway's largest waterfall. Very expensive and not tremendously scenic, but it did occupy the day. In the evening, it cleared up a bit, and we were able to get a ride from our B&B and get a Smorgåsbord dinner at the Rica Bracenes Hotel. We walked back after dinner, and got a couple of photos.
We had a wonderful stay at the Uppheim Farms B&B, set high above Ulvik. Sjur and Helen Uppheim were very friendly hosts and taught us a lot about Norwegian culture. In addition, their two cats are a riot.
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Ulvik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharrie's Ulvik Dream"
- "Ulvik and the Hardagnerfjord"
- "ULVIK, NORWAY"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ulvik
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Ulvik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ulvik
Photos in UlvikSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 44 reviews, 162 photos
- New York City Intro, 33 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 27 reviews, 93 photos
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akureyri Intro, 26 reviews, 82 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Europe Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (100)
Latest Ulvik hotel reviews
- Rica Strand Fjord
- 1 Review & Opinion