"Svendborg" Svendborg by travelfrosch
Svendborg Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 40 photos
Svendborg is quite far south on the island of Funen, which makes it an ideal starting point for ferries to the smaller islands. The town itself is quite picturesque, and is not a bad place at all to spend a few hours while waiting for your ferry
We were on our way to Ærøskøbing. While the ferry is timed to coincide with the train, it only departs every 3 hours. As a result, we ended up waiting 2 hours. But we had a pleasant dockside dinner while we were waiting.
Finally, it's time to board the ferry. We scrambled to the top deck and took some quick photos. Not a wasted afternoon at all, as it turned out.
It's just a nice place to wander. Work your way away from the Ærøskøbing ferry dock and explore. No breathtaking sights,... more travel advice
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Svendborg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Swineburgh -UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- "Svendborg - A Gem in Southern Funen"
- "SVENDBORG, DENMARK"
- "Under construction"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Svendborg
- Transportation in Svendborg
- Restaurants in Svendborg
- Shopping in Svendborg
- Warnings and Dangers in Svendborg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Svendborg
- 3 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (121)
Have you been to Svendborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Svendborg
Photos in SvendborgSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 46 reviews, 168 photos
- New York City Intro, 33 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 27 reviews, 93 photos
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akureyri Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Porto Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos