"71 Degrees, 10 Minutes, 21 Seconds North" Top 5 Page for this destination Nordkapp by travelfrosch
Nordkapp Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 346 photos
It was a long trip. We needed planes, trains, automobiles, boats, and buses (not to mention 2 1/2 weeks) to get here. But here we were -- as far north as you can get in Europe without buying a plane ticket to Svalbard.
Our journey started in Switzerland, then a flight to Denmark, then a train to Sweden. Next, after a stay in Stockholm,we took an overnight train from Uppsala to Narvik with a stopover in Abisko Nationalpark. From there, we took an express boat to the Lofoten Islands, where we caught the coastal steamer northward.
The Coastal Steamer docked in Honningsvåg, the nearest town to the North Cape. On the boat, we booked the bus excursion northward to the Nordkapphallen. Some might say this is a touristy and expensive way to go, but it got us here. It was well worth it.
Also in the Nordkapphallen is a display describing the perilous convoys to Murmansk to keep the Soviets re-supplied... more travel advice
Just before the King's Balcony is a bar! OK, so it's probably not actually the world's northernmost bar; I'm sure they... more travel advice
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Nordkapp Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The "end" of the road through Europe"
- "The place that astonished me"
- "71 Degrees, 10 Minutes, 21 Seconds North"
- "71° 10' 21'' North"
- "Mabu's North Cape Page"
- "Welcome to EUROPE'S NORTHERNMOST POINT*"
- "Nordkapp and Honningsvag"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nordkapp
- Hotels in Nordkapp
- Transportation in Nordkapp
- Nightlife in Nordkapp
- Restaurants in Nordkapp
- Shopping in Nordkapp
- Warnings and Dangers in Nordkapp
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nordkapp
- 13 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Nordkapp?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nordkapp
Photos in NordkappSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 44 reviews, 162 photos
- New York City Intro, 33 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 27 reviews, 93 photos
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akureyri Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Europe Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues