"71 Degrees, 10 Minutes, 21 Seconds North" Top 5 Page for this destination Nordkapp by travelfrosch

Nordkapp Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 346 photos

We Made It!

It was a long trip. We needed planes, trains, automobiles, boats, and buses (not to mention 2 1/2 weeks) to get here. But here we were -- as far north as you can get in Europe without buying a plane ticket to Svalbard.

How did we get here?

Our journey started in Switzerland, then a flight to Denmark, then a train to Sweden. Next, after a stay in Stockholm,we took an overnight train from Uppsala to Narvik with a stopover in Abisko Nationalpark. From there, we took an express boat to the Lofoten Islands, where we caught the coastal steamer northward.

Honningsvåg to the North Cape

The Coastal Steamer docked in Honningsvåg, the nearest town to the North Cape. On the boat, we booked the bus excursion northward to the Nordkapphallen. Some might say this is a touristy and expensive way to go, but it got us here. It was well worth it.

• Last visit to Nordkapp: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Nov 5, 2006

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2009 at 3:07 AM

Thanks for the B-day wishes. A trip to someplace this interesting would have been a great gift...oh well. Was surprised to read a bout a Thai museum in Nordkapp...who knew?

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2009 at 7:12 PM

I have to go to this globe - the most northern point (though it's not accurate)! I went to the "equator" (also not accurate)in Ecuador and that was fun as well...Question: Is the King Oscar monument a phallic symbol for the playboy?

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2008 at 6:40 PM

the place was covered in snow when we got there from our bus with snowplough escort from the coastal steamer. and the sunset was going on at 2pm!quite a notch in our belts though!?

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2007 at 3:54 AM

Wow - sunshine! We could hardly see the hand behind our backs ;-) Brilliant page!

• adema29's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2007 at 11:49 PM

Thanks for visiting our Nordkapp page! You also have excelent tips and photos! It was a nice feeling to be there, wasn't it?!

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2007 at 7:18 PM

Norway is undeniably beautiful, Nordkapp in particular. Thanks for sharing Mark.

• pedersdottir's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2007 at 5:04 PM

Hei - did you know that King Oscar is the same one the red&white sardine cans are named for? Just another Scandahoovian factoid.;) Katja

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2007 at 9:50 PM

Mark, this is fantastic !! You really manage to show a place of which I always thought, it is just the northernmost point ! Incredible nice things up there ! I like that peace monoment !

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2006 at 3:17 AM

I like your accurate description, "until you run out of Europe". Great pictures, too.

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2006 at 6:48 PM

I've enjoyed your tips. I think I have a photo of the same Sami!

travelfrosch

“"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin”

Badges & Stats in Nordkapp

Have you been to Nordkapp?

Latest Activity in Nordkapp