"Gullfoss National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Gullfoss by travelfrosch
Gullfoss Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 182 photos
This is an example of a heavily-hyped tourist site that more than lived up to expectations. Gullfoss is a two-tiered waterfall that simply must be seen to be truly appreciated. A short drive or long walk from Geysir, Gullfoss National Park is quite accessible, free, and well worth your time.
If you look away from the falls, you'll also notice some lovely glacier views. Be sure to do enjoy the sights in the other direction as well.
As you walk through the countryside, you'll notice a number of horses. It's quite enjoyable to observe the unique Icelandic horses along with the pleasant scenery.
Bílar og fólk Bus Line 2 runs twice daily June 1 - August 31 from Reykjavík bus station via Selfoss. Reykjavik... more travel advice
If you can draw your eyes away from the falls for a minute or two, turn around and look at the view inland. If the... more travel advice
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Gullfoss Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gullfoss - Iceland´s most famous waterfall"
- "Gullfoss National Park"
- "The Golden Waterfalls: Gulfoss"
- "Waterfalls, horses and a view of the glacier"
- "Spectacular Waterfall !"
- "Golden Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gullfoss
- Transportation in Gullfoss
- Restaurants in Gullfoss
- Shopping in Gullfoss
- Warnings and Dangers in Gullfoss
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gullfoss
- 7 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (123)
Have you been to Gullfoss?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gullfoss
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 50 reviews, 184 photos
- New York City Intro, 33 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 27 reviews, 93 photos
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akureyri Intro, 26 reviews, 83 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 24 reviews, 82 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Porto Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos