"Gullfoss National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Gullfoss by travelfrosch

Gullfoss Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 159 photos

Simply Amazing

This is an example of a heavily-hyped tourist site that more than lived up to expectations. Gullfoss is a two-tiered waterfall that simply must be seen to be truly appreciated. A short drive or long walk from Geysir, Gullfoss National Park is quite accessible, free, and well worth your time.

Glaciers

If you look away from the falls, you'll also notice some lovely glacier views. Be sure to do enjoy the sights in the other direction as well.

Horses

As you walk through the countryside, you'll notice a number of horses. It's quite enjoyable to observe the unique Icelandic horses along with the pleasant scenery.

• Last visit to Gullfoss: Jun 2013
  • Intro Updated Jun 28, 2013

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2009 at 10:15 AM

You certainly have hiked to interesting places and the end result is fabulous. Great pictures. My last trip to 11 parks in Utah/Arizona was 150 miles hiking-and some areas risky, but adventuresome. Take a look; you may want a visit to the semi-desert

• pcg821's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Hi Mark,your right the Gulfoss waterfall is awesome,one of my favorite stops when i was there.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Hey mark -- just watched Samantha Brown visiting this Gulfoss waterfall -- looks amazing! Hope I'll visit it also this June (I have to!) Norman :)

• a5floor's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2008 at 1:34 AM

Great page. :) I was there myself and it was spectacular to see. I really liked it up here.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2007 at 6:23 AM

You got some beautiful shots of the waterfalls!

• agapotravel's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2007 at 5:40 PM

Sigh....I miss those gorgeous waterfalls. Great pictures! :-)

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2007 at 6:48 AM

You have wonderful pics of the Falls in Gullfoss. The more I get the info on your tips, the more I am convinced that I have to schedule a trip to Iceland sooner than later.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2007 at 4:25 PM

Wow.. amazing waterfalls - never expected that in Island. Thanks for your birthday greetings.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2007 at 11:08 AM

Yes, me too, I am feeling to get wet just by looking at your pictures - and I can hear it rooooaarrrr. Yes, I must shift Iceland up in my wishlist :-)) This is just too fantastic :-)

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2007 at 6:33 AM

I feel I'm getting wet from the mist just by looking at your pictures! Fantastic!!

travelfrosch

“"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin”

Badges & Stats in Gullfoss

Have you been to Gullfoss?

Latest Activity in Gullfoss