Wissembourg Things to Do Tips by travelfrosch
Wissembourg Things to Do: 42 reviews and 120 photos
The Quartier du Bruch, or S'Bruch, is an area of town featuring a very romantic canal. Stroll around, enjoy the scenery and architecture, and hug your partner. Unfortunately for me, my wife was thousands of miles away, so the area made me feel more lonely than romantic. Still, it is another pretty sight in a very attractive Alsatian town.
Directions: On the southwest side of town along the Lauter river.
Fortifications and path
An enjoyable activity is to walk around the town walls. Start your stroll near the fortifications, or "Grabenloch," then just keep wandering. The path intersects streets at times, but it's pretty easy to follow the walls around. The most enjoyable area to view is along the Lauter.
Directions: Follow the signs to "Grabenloch," then follow the path.
Near the center of town is L’Eglise Sts-Pierre-et-Paul, or The Church of Saints Peter and Paul. While modest in size, the interior is truly magnificent. Unfortunately, it is very dark inside and flash photography is not allowed, so the photos I took might not do it justice.
As with most churches in Europe, be aware this church is active with local worshipers, so make sure to enjoy the architecture with respect and in silence.
Address: avenue de la Sous-Préfecture - Wissembourg
Directions: In the center of town, not far from the main canal.
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Wissembourg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WISSEMBOURG - WELCOME TO THE ALSACE"
- "Welcome to WISSEMBOURG"
- "Wissembourg - lovely gem of L'Alsace"
- "Bienvenue à Wissembourg!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wissembourg
- Hotels in Wissembourg
- Transportation in Wissembourg
- Restaurants in Wissembourg
- Shopping in Wissembourg
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kiawah Island Hotels
- King Colony Ranch Hotels
- Collins Landing Hotels
- Windcrest Hotels
- Alhaurín de la Torre
- Departamento de Sonsonate
Badges & Stats in Wissembourg
- 5 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Wissembourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wissembourg
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 42 reviews, 152 photos
- New York City Intro, 29 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 22 reviews, 72 photos
- Europe Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zermatt Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue