"Auf Dem Heiligen Berg" Top 5 Page for this destination Andechs by travelfrosch

Andechs Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 73 photos

Home of Kloster Andechs

Certainly the biggest draw to this village is the "Holy Mountain" of Andechs, home of Kloster Andechs and its famous beer brewery. But do take some time to enjoy the church and the surrounding landscape before diving into the suds.

Walking

While you can get here by bus, I much prefer to walk. The pleasant, tree-lined paths are quite enjoyable... and you get the odd peek at the Ammersee (and sometimes the Alps).

... and, of course, the beer. :-)

And what better way to restore your energy after all that walking than to enjoy some of the world's finest beer. Sit inside the cavernous hall, or outside on the terrace. Fresh food, fresh beer straight from the barrel... what more could you want?

• Last visit to Andechs: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated Sep 18, 2011

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2011 at 12:32 AM

Came back to see if I'd add Andechs to my list for early October and yes, I will :-) smiles to NYC :-)

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2010 at 8:01 AM

You got me in the mood for a return to Andechs, Mark. I just might have to make that trek. Prost.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2010 at 1:07 PM

A pleasant and interesting looking town! Although I know this general area west of Munich, I have never been to Andechs.

• amsor's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2010 at 4:39 PM

aha, the place of the famous bier !

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2008 at 6:22 AM

that looks nice. especially the Bräustuberl :O)

• Herwig1961's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Hi Mark,great page!Never made it to Weihenstephan(although their brewhouse is from my company-Steinecker,now Krones)But most of our brewmasters are from Weihenstephan.Cheers

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2008 at 8:29 AM

A mas of doppelbock dunkel? You had better be walking! ;-]

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2008 at 8:14 AM

Very detailed and very helpful tips of Andechs especially on transport. As always, it will help us on VT as you did help me on my trip from Hamburg to Copenhagen. Thanks Mark

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2007 at 9:12 AM

Hi, this looks lke a place I would certainly love to visit. thanks for sharing

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2007 at 2:32 AM

Great transportation tips. Have not heard of Andechs before, now I have. Danke. SL :)

travelfrosch

“"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin”

Badges & Stats in Andechs

Have you been to Andechs?

Latest Activity in Andechs