Bacharach Hotel Tips by travelfrosch Top 5 Page for this destination
Bacharach Hotels: 584 reviews and 43 photos
Be warned: Bacharach is highly recommended by American travel guru Rick Steves. Be further warned: Hotel Kranenturm is prominently featured both in his guidebooks and on his American television show. As such, be prepared to share breakfast with "Stevesians," or devout followers of Rick, usually middle-aged Americans clutching Rick's distinctive blue-and-yellow paperback book and loudly (in American English) discussing with one another how they are next heading either to Beilstein, Baden-Baden, or Rothenburg. Sara and I didn't notice so much, but Ingrid was rather nonplussed at the sheer number of bubbly Americans at neighboring tables. But as long as you're prepared for that, the hotel is just fine.
The hotel itself offers good value and location. The ancient "Crane Tower" has reasonably spacious rooms and good service. We got a baby bed for no extra charge, and owner Fatima really enjoyed interacting with "Brian." The restaurant is notable for its well-prepared food and friendly service. One drawback: the hotel is right along the train tracks, so train noise can be an issue, especially with evening and night freight trains. If you request a quiet room (without a Rhine view), you can mitigate this somewhat. Minifrosch is a city baby, so the train noise didn't bother him so much, but the creaky wooden steps and rustic ambiance of the rooms were not particularly to his liking. Lesson learned: staying at a hotel with "character" is not necessarily a desirable thing when you are traveling with an infant.
Unique Qualities: - Within easy walking distance of the train station
- Rooms with Rhine views available
- Very good buffet breakfast
- Credit cards accepted but cash preferred
- No elevator
Address: Langstrasse 30, D-55422 Bacharach
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: About a 5-minute walk north of the train station along the river. Take the first right after the town wall, then turn right on Langstrasse. Hotel will be on your right.
Other Contact: Fax +49 (0) 6743 1021
Phone: +49 (0) 6743 1308
More Reviews (12)
travelfrosch's Related Pages
Bacharach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Rabbi of Bacharach"
- "Bacharach - a romantic village at the river Rhine"
- "Fine Wine on the Rhine (and beer, too!)"
- "The breathtaking Bacharach"
- "Wine villages along the Rhine River - Bacharach"
- "The God of Wine"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bacharach
- Hotels in Bacharach
- Transportation in Bacharach
- Restaurants in Bacharach
- Shopping in Bacharach
- Warnings and Dangers in Bacharach
- See All...
Explore the World
- Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort And Spa All Inclusive
- Sofitel Plaza de Espana
- Four Points By Sheraton Canmore
- Beauport Park Hotel
- Ramada Inn
- Holtze Executive Village Overland Park
- Marc Resorts Hawaii Polo Inn And Tower
- Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Ocean Sands Resort And Spa Condos
- Naples Grande Beach Resort
- Royal Palm Beach Resort
- Staybridge Suites St. Louis Westport
- Plaza Motor Inn
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Toledo
Badges & Stats in Bacharach
- 13 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Bacharach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bacharach
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: The most-asked questions?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mini-Meet for Minifrosch"
- Wrote a Review Yes, there are markets in Bacharach! in Bacharach Shopping
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Bacharach travel pages
- updated a Bacharach Travel Page "Fine Wine on the Rhine (and beer, too!)"
Read real reviews about Bacharach Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 41 reviews, 151 photos
- New York City Intro, 29 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 33 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tórshavn Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 22 reviews, 72 photos
- Europe Intro, 30 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zermatt Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (94)
Latest Bacharach hotel reviews