"Fine Wine on the Rhine (and beer, too!)" Top 5 Page for this destination Bacharach by travelfrosch

Bacharach Travel Guide: 122 reviews and 331 photos

Minifrosch's First Stop

A couple of local trains got us from Frankfurt Airport to Bacharach. We last visited here on the trip I proposed to Sara, so it's only fitting that Ryan got his European adventure started in this place.

Enjoying the River

Certainly the draw to this part of Germany (other than the famed Riesling wines grown in the area) is the Rhine itself. Relaxing benches along the river can be found just across the highway from town. Ryan very much enjoyed taking his meals here.

Mini-Meet for Minifrosch!

On our second night, VTers Ingrid and Don joined us for dinner and a stroll around Bacharach. Ingrid enjoyed it so much, she stayed for the weekend and accompanied us around the Rhine.

• Last visit to Bacharach: Jun 2010
  • Intro Updated Aug 22, 2010

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Great pages ,Weloved this story bood town when we visited several years ago.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Opps, I forgot to show my train ticket when I bought my boat ticket in Bacharach the next morning! I enjoyed meeting you in Bacharach at the beginning of your trip and again in Frankfurt at the end.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2010 at 2:35 AM

Seems I may have been passing on the river while you were all enjoying yourselves here! I smiled at your warning about Stevesians, and was interested to read more about Bacherach than we were able to see from our boat :-)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Haha, you forgot the warning tip "Don't trust Ingrid to buy tickets from Boppard back to Bacherach" :-) Oh, I didn't mind the Stevians, only when they were so eagerly discussing when I only wanted to check out and pay :-)

travelfrosch

“"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin”

Badges & Stats in Bacharach

Have you been to Bacharach?