"Where The East Faces West !" Hunstanton by kidfree

Hunstanton Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 55 photos

Feet On The Ground

Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Bali, Vietnam, Cambodia. Aah, such wonderful memories, never to be forgotten sights, sounds and smells.
From travelling alone, then marrying and travelling as a twosome and eventually having a family and taking up a whole row of four seats on a plane and having the kids share those worldly experiences is just so rewarding and............but............. you know theres nothing quite like turning full circle and going back to where you had some of your happiest childhood memories.
When I reached my late teen years I swore I would never have another holiday in the UK. Now that I`ve got my own kids I do worry about them getting spoilt by staying in hotels and reaching for the remote first of all to see what the telly is like in another language and how do I find the cartoon channel.
So, what to do? I know, lets buy a tent and see how much the east coast has changed since the 1970s. The answer as far as Hunstanton is concerned is not much at all, and isnt that a relief. As a teenager I thought it was a bit boring. As a parent I am so glad that it is lacking just slightly in attractions because it has remained a family resort, safe, friendly and not much to attract the late night crowd. There are pubs and bars but its all very laid back and even the weekend crowds in high season just enjoy hanging around in the fresh air, sampling the local fish and chips, shopping in the Saturday market before heading off home relaxed, just the job!

Happy Campers

I enjoyed camping when I was young, it was such an adventure. The trouble was it was very basic with hardly any facilities so a weekend was usually enough.
What a difference today, no more washing from a bucket of water and queuing for the only toilet on the site. Now you have your own electricity supply if you want it, toilets and hot showers that may even be the envy of what you have at home with piped music while you shower, luxury!
I know some people who frown on it and think its not proper camping but not me sir, no way, these days you dont have to get up twice in the night to blow up your air bed and at some sites you can buy a cooked breakfast if you dont want to cook it yourself.

• Pros:Family friendly, clean and quiet
  • Cons:Not for teens, check the weather forecast!
  • In a nutshell:A great east coast resort close to Norfolks attractions
  • Last visit to Hunstanton: Aug 2009
  • Intro Updated Aug 22, 2009

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Thanks for visiting my Spetses pages. Maybe you will come again and bring the girls. Greetings from a very warm (still) Greece. Janet

• bonio's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Havn't visited "Sunny Hunny" for years, must go back I think, nice page.

• cpiers47's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Beautiful pic of the girls!

kidfree Visits Here Frequently!

kidfree

“Dont wait, go now!”

Badges & Stats in Hunstanton

Have you been to Hunstanton?

Latest Activity in Hunstanton