"FILM SET OF POPEYE" Popeye Village by Arkeolog
Popeye Village Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 59 photos
'SWEETHAVEN VILLAGE' The Film Set of the 1980 Musical Production, also known as 'POPEYE VILLAGE'. Built and constructed in Anchor Bay at the end of 1979 [last 7 months].
To construct the authentic wooden village, tree trunks type logs were trailered overland from Holland, wood shingles used in the construction of the roof tops were imported all the way from Canada and eight tons of nails and two thousand gallons of paint were used with a 165 construction crew.
No less than 20 wooden structures had to be built. Before the Set could be built, an access road to the Set would have to be constructed. Anchor Bay would need a 200-250 foot Breakwater at its mouth, to protect the Set from high seas during the shooting months of the Film Production.
The Films Director was - Robert Altman along with the Producer - Robert Evans. Based on a story written by Jules Fieffer. The Production Film Company was Lions Gate Films and the Distributors were Paramount Pictures and Walt Disney Productions.
Filming commenced on the 23rd of January, 1980. Director of photography - Guiseppe Rotunno - completed the final shooting on the 19th of June, 1980.
The original creator of POPEYE was Elzie Crisler Segar who died in 1938 aged only 44. Popeye along with the other characters were very familiar with different generations , Cartoons on television and comic books etc……
The story relates to Popeye coming to SWEETHAVEN to look for his father, who deserted him when he was a mere infant and whom he has pledged to find. In the process of his fathers whereabouts , Popeye along with Olive Oyl , find an abandoned baby by the name of SWEE'PEA , who becomes a cupid to the unlikely pair.
Arkeolog's Related Pages
Popeye Village Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Directors cut in Popeye Village"
- "FILM SET OF POPEYE"
- "Poppey Village"
- "Popeye village"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Popeye Village
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Popeye Village?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Popeye Village
Photos in Popeye VillageSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 59 reviews, 69 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 28 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bitola Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gokceada Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tirana Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buyukada Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos
- Bozcaada Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos