"Noble and Proud – Bitola" Top 5 Page for this destination Bitola by Arkeolog

Bitola Travel Guide: 244 reviews and 1,048 photos

Noble and Proud – Bitola

The second largest city in Macedonia, Bitola, is located in the southwest of the country. Bitola was known as Manastir in Ottoman period.

Bitola is one of my best destination. I had great time in Bitola, also in Macedonia. Im really happy to visit this city.

Ancient city of Heraclea Lyncestis

The ancient city of Heraclea Lyncestis is located near Bitola and is an archeological site that is especially well-known for its high-quality mosaics.

ATATURK's Memorial Hall in Bitola Institute&Museum

Bitola is filled with important works left behind by the Ottomans and is remembered as the city where the founder of the Turkish Republic, Kemal Atatürk, attended military academy.

• Pros:Full of attractions
  • Cons:just nothing :)
  • In a nutshell:Never makes you disappointed
  • Last visit to Bitola: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 26, 2009

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2011 at 7:01 AM

Hello Bora, interesting page here and some lovely photos (I like the reflection one). I am visiting Bitola for the Euromeet and am really excited having seen your page. fergy.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2010 at 3:34 PM

The history and culture in Bitola really is fascinating. You have done a wonderful job of describing the area sites.

• mile01's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Thanks for nice things u wrote of my home town. I hope to visit this yr with my parents in USA

• basak's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Bayramda Makedonya ve Kosova'ya gidecegim. Geziye hazýrlanýrken burada verdiðiniz bilgilerden yararlandým, teþekkürler.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Fascinating, I'd never heard of the place. Thanks for sharing. Cheers

• picek's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2009 at 3:35 AM

Hi, I wonder why they let Haydar Kadi Mosque in such a sad situation. Maybe it has something to do with things of past they don't like? I loved Bitola, too... had great time there and got good mastika there:)

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2009 at 7:46 AM

Hello Bora. Are you away on a trip? Thanks for tips. I think Grafitti artists should be locked up!!

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2009 at 4:50 AM

It is so intersting experiance to see my hometown trought the eyes of an traveler. I love your tips, make me smile. Great photos.Valentina

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2009 at 12:13 PM

I do hope they do restore this Haydar Kadi Mosque...very nice new updates, Norman :)

• Apr 1, 2009 at 7:29 AM

I liked your recent updates.

Badges & Stats in Bitola