"MOSTAR, JEWEL OF BOSNIA HERZEGOVINA" Mostar by Arkeolog

Mostar Travel Guide: 636 reviews and 1,701 photos

I VISITED MOSTAR AT LAST:)

Mostar was a dream to me and in April 2008, the dream has turned into real. This beautiful Ottoman Bridge looks fascinating over Neretva River. Old part of Mostar is a calm place to have some peace. Old houses, Ottoman mosques, tiny shops and cobbled streets look great together. I really liked every minute of Mostar.

VIEW FROM MINARET OF KOSKI MEHMED MOSQUE

When you have a look at Mostar's panorama, you see the minarets of mosques. also when you start to explore Mostar's heritage, fistly you visit the KOSKI MEHMED PASHA MOSQUE. This mosque built in 1617, by Ottomans. This well-decorated and well-preserved mosque heavily damaged during the war. In the garden of mosque, there are a ottoman graveyard, fountain and a madrasah(theological school of Ottomans).Now you can see gift shops in the garden and and enjoy this view.

GIFT SHOPS

On the way to Mostar Bridge, you can see typical Ottoman houses, turned into gift shops and small cafes.

• Pros:cobbled narrow streets, traditional houses
  • Cons:tasty bureks not good for belly :(
  • In a nutshell:Mostar Bridge is there!...
  • Last visit to Mostar: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 18, 2009

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Interesting Mostar travel pages! Turkish House and Koski Mehmed Pasha Mosque certainly sound wonderful to visit and explore! River Neretva and Mostar Bridge certainly look fascinating! ~ho & pang

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Bora, lovely little page with brilliant photo of Mostar which is also among my very favourite cities.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Burek - yum! We like Mostar so much on our first visit we went back the next year, and then the next we went on to Sarajevo - and I still want to go back again. leyle

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2010 at 3:00 AM

Still so much Ottoman influence in Mostar after all this time! I went to Mostar once, in 1969, and found it fascinating especially since my Czech uncle was stationed there as a k.u.k. soldier in 1909 until he caught malaria and got sent home.

• Tuna_ank's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2010 at 5:32 AM

Thanks. I should see your Mostar pages before I go there. :-((

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2010 at 9:50 PM

I can't wait to try the coffee, Bora. Lovely page, you are an excellent photographer. Thank you.

• glabah's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Interesting city, and I see why you wanted to visit it for so long. Is this the famous bridge that was destroyed during the war and later rebuilt?

• picek's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2010 at 3:56 AM

well done page with great photos.

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Great page with great pictures (as usual)! Enjoyed this page very much.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Stunning photos of the River and the Bridge! Interesting about the slippers, to me, they don't look comfortable, but I take your word that they are!

Badges & Stats in Mostar