"MOSTAR, JEWEL OF BOSNIA HERZEGOVINA" Mostar by Arkeolog
Mostar Travel Guide: 636 reviews and 1,701 photos
Mostar was a dream to me and in April 2008, the dream has turned into real. This beautiful Ottoman Bridge looks fascinating over Neretva River. Old part of Mostar is a calm place to have some peace. Old houses, Ottoman mosques, tiny shops and cobbled streets look great together. I really liked every minute of Mostar.
When you have a look at Mostar's panorama, you see the minarets of mosques. also when you start to explore Mostar's heritage, fistly you visit the KOSKI MEHMED PASHA MOSQUE. This mosque built in 1617, by Ottomans. This well-decorated and well-preserved mosque heavily damaged during the war. In the garden of mosque, there are a ottoman graveyard, fountain and a madrasah(theological school of Ottomans).Now you can see gift shops in the garden and and enjoy this view.
On the way to Mostar Bridge, you can see typical Ottoman houses, turned into gift shops and small cafes.
- Pros:cobbled narrow streets, traditional houses
- Cons:tasty bureks not good for belly :(
- In a nutshell:Mostar Bridge is there!...
In Bosnia&Herzegovina there are many sings for Mostar Bridge, so no worry to be lost. more travel advice
This building used to run as a hotel for years, named Neretva Hotel. It was one the best hotels of the region. After the... more travel advice
Arkeolog's Related Pages
Mostar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mostar - Bosnia and Herzegovina"
- "The heart of Herzegovina"
- "Mostar - A bridge between east and west"
- "Healing in Mostar"
- "Mostar, the pearl of Herzegovina"
- "Ancient Mostar"
- "Mostar pilgimage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mostar
- Hotels in Mostar
- Transportation in Mostar
- Nightlife in Mostar
- Restaurants in Mostar
- Shopping in Mostar
- Warnings and Dangers in Mostar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mostar
- 17 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Mostar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mostar
Photos in MostarSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 59 reviews, 69 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 28 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bitola Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gokceada Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tirana Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buyukada Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos
- Bozcaada Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos