"Antalya:The World-Famous Queen of Turkish Riviera" Antalya by Arkeolog
Antalya Travel Guide: 733 reviews and 2,059 photos
I always liked Antalya. As an fan of ancient places, Antalya is a paradise for me. there are so many ancient places, museums, monuments and historical architesture in this Mediterranean city. Below you'll read more sightseeing place in Antalya.
The Mosque with Fluted Minarets which is the symbol of the city, the Murat Pasha Mosque, Tekeli Mehmet Pasha Mosque, the Kaleici (Inner Citadel) District, where the old Antalya houses are located, the Ataturk and Karalioglu parks where various exotic Mediterranean plants are grown, the Hadrianus Gate, the Ataturk and the Archaeological Museums are worth seeing. The Lara beach to the east and the Konyaalti beach to the west of the city are ideal for swimming. Besides these beaches, there are also two water parks in Antalya in which various water games are played.
This museum offers a great collection of Ancient Roman sculpture form Antalya and its enviroinment. Colossal statues of Hermes, Heracles and Satyr just breath-taking.
The Prehistory section includes an amazing collection of artifacts recovered from the Karain Cave at Burdur (the largest inhabited cave in Turkey, with findings dating back 50,000 years and representing the Paleolithic, Mesolithic, Neolithic, Chalcolithic, and Bronze Ages.) The Gallery of the Gods gives you the chance to walk among the protagonists of classic mythology, through grand statues of Zeus, Apollo, Athena, Aphrodite, and the like, followed by statues of the Emperor/Gods Hadrian and Traian in the Roman Room. The Sarcophagus Gallery is a rich exhibition of intricately carved tombs, one of which was considerately returned by the J. Paul Getty Museum, after having found its way out of the country. The Antalya Museum devotes an entire room to coins; the chronological display represents 2,500 years of Anatolian history. Considering that this is such a rich collection, it's positively mind-boggling to realize that 25,000 to 30,000 artifacts are buried in storage.
Beydag mountains are extremly impressive. You can watch this breathtaking panaroma from anywhere in Antalya. Mountains... more travel advice
An Outline Of the History of Antalya The Antalya Region has been subject to settlement since the Paleolithic (Stone)... more travel advice
Arkeolog's Related Pages
Antalya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A N T A L Y A is Old City(citadel) a.k.a KALEICI"
- "Antalya at Christmas time"
- "Antalya Turkey"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Antalya
- Hotels in Antalya
- Transportation in Antalya
- Nightlife in Antalya
- Restaurants in Antalya
- Shopping in Antalya
- Warnings and Dangers in Antalya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Antalya
- 13 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 92 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Antalya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antalya
- Posted in Travel Buyukada Forum "Re: October in Buyukada"
- Commented on one of marsistanbul's Antalya travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Antalya:The World-Famous Queen of Turkish Riviera"
- updated a Antalya Travel Page "Antalya:The World-Famous Queen of Turkish Riviera"
- Wrote a Review WATCHING THE MOUNTAIN VIEWS in Antalya Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 59 reviews, 69 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 28 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bitola Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gokceada Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tirana Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buyukada Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos
- Bozcaada Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos