"ESKIFOCA - A UNIQUE SEASIDE TOWN" Foca by Arkeolog
Foca Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 76 photos
Eski Foca (Old Foca) is synonymous with Mediterranean monk seals, turquoise bays and old stone houses. Since ancient times, Mediterranean monk seals have made Foca their home. Indeed, the name Foca is derived from the ancient Phokaia, which means "town of seals".
Appropriately enough, a statue of a seal in the town square is one of the first sights to greet you as you enter Eski Foca. Foca's quiet coves also attract their fair share of tourists. Before you set off to explore the town, pick up a few brochures from the tourist information office. From there, wander through the cobblestone streets of the market towards Kucukdeniz. With its ancient stone houses, fish restaurants and colourful fishermen's boats bobbing in the harbour, Kucukdeniz is the heart of Eski Foca. Take a moment to notice the interesting knockers on the doors to the stone houses decked with hanging flowerpots. Most of Foca's small hotels and pensions are in Kucukdeniz, only steps away from its charming beach and blue Aegean waters.
- Pros:seafood, clean sea and mythology
- Cons:too crowded in summertimes
- In a nutshell:if u r lucky u can see Mediterranean monk seals
Enjoy fish cooked in milk and skewered anglerfish at Kenya&Leylek. more travel advice
Siren song Legend has it that the Siren Cliffs on Orak Island off the coast of Foca were once home to the Sirens of... more travel advice
Arkeolog's Related Pages
Foca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ESKIFOCA - A UNIQUE SEASIDE TOWN"
- "Not so sleepy Foca"
- "Charming Port"
- "FOCA- H Arhaia Fokaia xoris fokies..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Foca
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Foca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Foca
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 59 reviews, 69 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 28 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bitola Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gokceada Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tirana Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buyukada Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos
- Bozcaada Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos