Istanbul Off The Beaten Path Tips by Arkeolog
Istanbul Off The Beaten Path: 515 reviews and 1,129 photos
The Prince Islands
An archipelago of nine islands in the Sea of Marmara, were places of exile for Byzantine princes. Today, during the summer months, Istanbul's wealthy, escape to their cool sea breezes, and elegant l9th century houses. Büyükada is the largest of the islands. Here you can enjoy a ride in a horse-drawn phaeton (carriage) among the pine trees, or relax on a beach in one of the numerous coves that ring the island. The other popular islands are Kinali, Sedef, Burgaz and Heybeliada. Regular ferry boats connect the islands with both the European and Asian shores. A faster sea bus service operates from Kabatas in the summer
Turk Balloon from European side of Istanbul
When you visit Istanbul, you can watch Istanbul up above 200 meters in a Balloon. Turk Balloon is the project name and Kadikoy Municipality is arranging this activity. A huge balloon which can carry up to 30 people at one time is rising up 200 meters above the sea level. The balloon moves only up and down.
The Balloon is taking off near from the Sea bus port at Kadikoy, The Port on the Asian Side. If you take a ferry from Eminonu to Kadikoy, it will take you to Kadikoy ferry port in 25 minutes.. There you need to walk around 150 meters to the Sea bus port to the right side.. and the base for the Balloon is there.. Due to the size of the Balloon you can see it easily :)
The price of the Balloon ride is 15TL. Roughly 10,- USD. The balloon is operating from 09:00 to 18:00, however it is being affected from weather conditions. So windy and rainy days they do not operate.
At the top point i felt little different but my 5 years old daughter Lidya encouraged me with her big smile :) View is great anyway...
More Reviews (28)
- See All From Byzantine to Istanbul at Sakip...
- See All Istanbul has two international...
- FOREIGN EMBASSIES IN...
Arkeolog's Related Pages
Istanbul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STROLLING THROUGH ISTANBUL"
- "The only city in the world build in 2 continents"
- "Istanbul not/and Constantinople"
- "istanbul tips"
- "My Beloved Istanbul"
- "Beauty, Culture, & History - All In One Place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Istanbul
- Hotels in Istanbul
- Transportation in Istanbul
- Nightlife in Istanbul
- Restaurants in Istanbul
- Shopping in Istanbul
- Warnings and Dangers in Istanbul
- See All...
Explore the World
- Naubinway Hotels
- Burwarton Hotels
- Aberdeen Hotels
- Kanton Zug Hotels
- Spetses Island
- Central District
- Montmorency Falls
- Palamós Off The Beaten Path
- Coronado Island
- Bad Soden am Taunus Off The Beaten Path
- Rotterdam Off The Beaten Path
- Negril Off The Beaten Path
- Charlottetown Off The Beaten Path
- Sanibel Island Off The Beaten Path
- State of Tamil Nadu Off The Beaten Path
- Grand Canyon Off The Beaten Path
- Marseille Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Istanbul
- 30 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 251 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Istanbul
- Posted in Travel Buyukada Forum "Re: October in Buyukada"
- Commented on one of fouads's Istanbul travel pages
- Wrote a Review From Byzantine to Istanbul at Sakip Sabanci Museum about Sakip Sabanci Museum in Istanbul Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "From Byzantine to Istanbul at Sakip Sabanci Museum"
- updated a Istanbul Travel Page "ISTANBUL . Where The East Meets The West..."
- Uploaded a Video to Istanbul
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 59 reviews, 69 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 28 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bitola Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gokceada Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tirana Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buyukada Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos
- Bozcaada Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (138)
Latest Istanbul hotel reviews
- Vezir Hotel
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Yaztur Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 28, 2013
- Bentley Hotel
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2013
- Amisos Hotel the Boutique
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 12, 2013
- Allstar Taksim Select
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 29, 2007
- Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel
- 168 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Tan Hotel
- 292 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Best Western Premier Regency Suites & Spa
- 217 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Erguvan Hotel Istanbul
- 229 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Kaftan Hotel
- 70 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Grand Cevahir Htl And Conv Ctr
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Best Western Hotel Amber
- 152 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Esen Hotel
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 13, 2013
- Cem Sultan Hotel
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 27, 2013
- 7 Hills Hotel
- 328 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Topkapi Palace- 308 Reviews, 721 Photos
- Agia Sophia - Ayasofya- 301 Reviews, 711 Photos
- Grand Bazaar- 111 Reviews, 193 Photos
- Blue Mosque - Sultanahmet- 248 Reviews, 543 Photos
- Bosphorus River- 109 Reviews, 192 Photos
- Basilica Cistern - Yerebatan Saray- 112 Reviews, 245 Photos
- Galata Tower- 100 Reviews, 223 Photos
- Dolmabahce Palace- 106 Reviews, 245 Photos
- Princes Islands- 45 Reviews, 127 Photos
- Taksim Square- 35 Reviews, 74 Photos
See All Istanbul Things to Do