Istanbul Off The Beaten Path Tips by Arkeolog
Istanbul Off The Beaten Path: 520 reviews and 1,170 photos
The Prince Islands
An archipelago of nine islands in the Sea of Marmara, were places of exile for Byzantine princes. Today, during the summer months, Istanbul's wealthy, escape to their cool sea breezes, and elegant l9th century houses. Büyükada is the largest of the islands. Here you can enjoy a ride in a horse-drawn phaeton (carriage) among the pine trees, or relax on a beach in one of the numerous coves that ring the island. The other popular islands are Kinali, Sedef, Burgaz and Heybeliada. Regular ferry boats connect the islands with both the European and Asian shores. A faster sea bus service operates from Kabatas in the summer
Turk Balloon from European side of Istanbul
When you visit Istanbul, you can watch Istanbul up above 200 meters in a Balloon. Turk Balloon is the project name and Kadikoy Municipality is arranging this activity. A huge balloon which can carry up to 30 people at one time is rising up 200 meters above the sea level. The balloon moves only up and down.
The Balloon is taking off near from the Sea bus port at Kadikoy, The Port on the Asian Side. If you take a ferry from Eminonu to Kadikoy, it will take you to Kadikoy ferry port in 25 minutes.. There you need to walk around 150 meters to the Sea bus port to the right side.. and the base for the Balloon is there.. Due to the size of the Balloon you can see it easily :)
The price of the Balloon ride is 15TL. Roughly 10,- USD. The balloon is operating from 09:00 to 18:00, however it is being affected from weather conditions. So windy and rainy days they do not operate.
At the top point i felt little different but my 5 years old daughter Lidya encouraged me with her big smile :) View is great anyway...
More Reviews (28)
- See All From Byzantine to Istanbul at Sakip...
- See All Istanbul has two international...
- Art, Culture and Entertainment in...
Arkeolog's Related Pages
Istanbul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STROLLING THROUGH ISTANBUL"
- "The only city in the world build in 2 continents"
- "Istanbul not/and Constantinople"
- "istanbul tips"
- "My Beloved Istanbul"
- "Beauty, Culture, & History - All In One Place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Istanbul
- Hotels in Istanbul
- Transportation in Istanbul
- Nightlife in Istanbul
- Restaurants in Istanbul
- Shopping in Istanbul
- Warnings and Dangers in Istanbul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Istanbul
- 30 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 240 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Istanbul
- Posted in Travel Buyukada Forum "Re: October in Buyukada"
- Commented on one of fouads's Istanbul travel pages
- Wrote a Review From Byzantine to Istanbul at Sakip Sabanci Museum about Sakip Sabanci Museum - SSM in Istanbul Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "From Byzantine to Istanbul at Sakip Sabanci Museum"
- updated a Istanbul Travel Page "ISTANBUL . Where The East Meets The West..."
- Uploaded a Video to Istanbul
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 59 reviews, 69 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 28 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bitola Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gokceada Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tirana Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buyukada Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos
- Bozcaada Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (138)
- Hagia Sophia - Ayia Sofia - Ayasofya- 300 Reviews, 735 Photos
- Topkapi Palace- 277 Reviews, 656 Photos
- Grand Bazaar - Kapali Çarsi- 113 Reviews, 195 Photos
- Blue Mosque - Sultan Ahmed Mosque- 254 Reviews, 565 Photos
- Galata Tower- 99 Reviews, 234 Photos
- Daytrip - Princes' Islands- 26 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Dolmabahce Palace- 102 Reviews, 242 Photos
- Taksim Square- 35 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Istiklal Caddesi- 52 Reviews, 134 Photos
- Basilica Cistern - Yerebatan Saray- 124 Reviews, 266 Photos
See All Istanbul Things to Do