"CAPITAL OF ANATOLIAN SELJUKS" Top 5 Page for this destination Konya by Arkeolog
Konya Travel Guide: 172 reviews and 600 photos
Frontal decoration of Ince Minare:
Ince Minareli Medrese Museum (Theological School): To the west of Alaeddin Tepesi is the Ince Minare Medrese, built by the Seljuk Vizier Sahip Ata Fahrettin Ali in 1254. Its main exhibits are carvings in wood and stone dating back to the Seljuks, and most carry motifs found in the tiles and ceramics, lions, humans, and the double-headed eagles which is mow a symbol of the town. The main doorway has stunning examples of ornate tiles and decorative calligraphy.
Arkeolog's Related Pages
Konya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Konya - city of Mevlana and Hadja Nasreddin"
- "The City of Mevlana"
- "CAPITAL OF ANATOLIAN SELJUKS"
- "Anything other than love is devoured by love(Rumi)"
- "a holy town,dervishes capital city"
- "Konya an agriculture and history Capitol"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Konya
- Hotels in Konya
- Transportation in Konya
- Nightlife in Konya
- Restaurants in Konya
- Shopping in Konya
- Warnings and Dangers in Konya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Konya
- 30 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 38 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Konya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Konya
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 59 reviews, 69 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 28 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bitola Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gokceada Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tirana Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buyukada Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos
- Bozcaada Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos