"TROY, TROIA, TROYA, TRUVA" Troy by Arkeolog
Troy Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 377 photos
Throughout time, men have waged war. Some for power, some for glory, some for honor – and some for love.
In ancient Greece, the passion of two of literature’s most notorious lovers, Paris, Prince of Troy (ORLANDO BLOOM) and Helen (DIANE KRUGER), Queen of Sparta, ignites a war that will devastate a civilization. When Paris spirits Helen away from her husband, King Menelaus (BRENDAN GLEESON), it is an insult that cannot be suffered. Familial pride dictates that an affront to Menelaus is an affront to his brother Agamemnon (BRIAN COX), powerful King of the Mycenaeans, who soon unites all the massive tribes of Greece to steal Helen back from Troy in defense of his brother’s honor.
In truth, Agamemnon’s pursuit of honor is corrupted by his overwhelming greed – he needs to conquer Troy to seize control of the Aegean, thus ensuring the supremacy of his already vast empire. The walled city, under the leadership of King Priam (PETER O’TOOLE) and defended by mighty Prince Hector (ERIC BANA), is a citadel that no army has ever been able to breach. One man alone stands as the key to victory or defeat over Troy – Achilles (BRAD PITT), believed to be the greatest warrior alive.
Arrogant, rebellious and seemingly invincible, Achilles has allegiance to nothing and no one, save his own glory. It is his insatiable hunger for eternal renown that leads him to attack the gates of Troy under Agamemnon’s banner – but it will be love that ultimately decides his fate.
Two worlds will go to war for honor and power. Thousands will fall in pursuit of glory. And for love, a nation will burn to the ground.
Warner Bros. Pictures presents a Radiant production, in association with PLAN B, a Wolfgang Petersen film, Troy, starring BRAD PITT and ERIC BANA. The film also stars ORLANDO BLOOM, DIANE KRUGER, BRIAN COX, SEAN BEAN, BRENDAN GLEESON and PETER O’TOOLE. A UK/MALTA Co-Production, Troy is directed by WOLFGANG PETERSEN, produced by WOLFGANG PETERSEN, DIANA RATHBUN and COLIN WILSON; the screenplay is by DAVID BENIOFF; the cinematographer is ROGER PRATT BSC; the production designer is NIGEL PHELPS; and PETER HONESS A.C.E. is the editor. Music by JAMES HORNER.
Arkeolog's Related Pages
Troy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Homeric Troy?"
- "Troy is not your average, restored ancient site!"
- "Troy is a place on your mind"
- "The nine settlements of Troy"
- "Can you re-gift?"
- "4000 years of History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Troy
- Hotels in Troy
- Transportation in Troy
- Restaurants in Troy
- Shopping in Troy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Troy
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Troy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Troy
- Posted in Travel Buyukada Forum "Re: October in Buyukada"
- Commented on one of Kuznetsov_Sergey's Troy travel pages
- Wrote a Review VISITING ANCIENT CITY OF TRY AND CANAKKALE MUSEUM in Troy Things to Do
- created a Troy Travel Page "TROY, TROIA, TROYA, TRUVA"
- Uploaded a Photo to "TROY, TROIA, TROYA, TRUVA"
Photos in TroySee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Izmir Intro, 59 reviews, 69 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 28 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bitola Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gokceada Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tirana Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buyukada Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos
- Bozcaada Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos