"Las Vegas - The Ultimate Playground" Las Vegas by St_Vincent
Las Vegas Travel Guide: 8,458 reviews and 17,444 photos
My first visit to Las Vegas was a stopover during a West Coast road trip way back in 1981. This was a few months before my 21st birthday and I really didn't get the most out of the Vegas experience then. I was too young to either drink or gamble legally and we only spent one night there passing through. I remember seeing the Stardust so we may well have stayed there or close by.
It was 20 years later in 2001 before I went back again and I enjoyed the place so much I visited again in 2003 and was also there for the centennial celebrations in May 2005. I was determined to keep the two-year cycle going so went again in November 2007 with the same friend I went with in 2003.
On any new trip I find it amazing how quickly things change, for instance during my 2001 trip I recall seeing the old Desert Inn resort empty and boarded up, by 2005 it had turned into the newest addition to the Strip the magnificent Wynn Las Vegas.
For two of my visits I have travelled alone and have found Las Vegas to be one of the easiest cities in the world to be a single traveller in. Nobody bothers you, yet everyone seems ready to help or chat if you want to. The other plus of course for the single traveller is the American custom of charging per room instead of per person as is the case in most European hotels.
The high levels of customer service generally experienced in the US seem to be even more evident in Vegas and this all helps towards an enjoyable and hassle free stay. Of course if you have a bit of luck on the tables or the slots then it gets even better.
- Pros:I always struggle to describe the Vegas experience to those who haven't been
- Cons:It's too far away from where I live
- In a nutshell:Nothing is too "Over the Top" in Vegas
The Piano Bar sits just inside Harrah's Casino by the Carnaval Court entrance and is a fun place to spend an evening.... more travel advice
In the value for money stakes Harrah’s is a winner due to its excellent location mid-Strip. Being a smaller property... more travel advice
St_Vincent's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "las vegas"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 22 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 158 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
- Posted in Travel Birmingham Forum "Re: Birmingham to derby"
- Commented on one of Anthony_feels_lucky's Las Vegas travel pages
- updated a Las Vegas Travel Page "Las Vegas - The Ultimate Playground"
- Wrote a Review Duelling Piano show about Harrah Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Duelling Piano show"
- Uploaded a Video to Las Vegas
Videos in Las VegasSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 21 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination St Albans Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derby Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hythe Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos
- England Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Folkestone Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos