"A Hidden Gem in Northern California" Petaluma by tvdandy
Petaluma Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 152 photos
I have never heard of Petaluma, I just needed a area to rest my weary bones for the day and night and I asked the person at the Visitor's Bureau in Santa Maria where would be an interesting 'off the beaten path' area to stay near by. She mentioned Petaluma, and I must say I am glad she did.
If you like surrounding yourself with interesting Victorian style design businesses and homes, this is the place. Petaluma, about 15 miles south of Santa Maria on Highway 101. This has a nice walking historic downtown, with nice coffeehouses, a few galleries, restaurants, bookstores, you know the drill. It is also right on the riverfront. So there are steam ferries passing by. Not much in the name of nightlife, though it did seem like there we're younger people walking about. A good place for a night over, but I would'nt spend more than one day here
- Pros:A nice little stopover, interesting architecture, historic
- Cons:no nightlife, can easily be seen in a day
all the usual of a typical good coffeehouse, this is located right in the heart of downtown, which is special. Yupsters... more travel advice
tvdandy's Related Pages
Petaluma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Petaluma: Former "Chicken Capital of the World""
- "SONOMA COUNTY SEARCH AND RESCUE TEAM"
- "Petaluma California - My Home!"
- "Where I grew up!"
- "A Hidden Gem in Northern California"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Petaluma
- Hotels in Petaluma
- Transportation in Petaluma
- Nightlife in Petaluma
- Restaurants in Petaluma
- Shopping in Petaluma
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Petaluma
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Petaluma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Petaluma
Top 10 Pages
- Columbus Intro, 27 reviews, 90 photos
- San Diego Intro, 22 reviews, 91 photos
- Santa Cruz Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos
- San Luis Obispo Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos
- Santa Barbara Intro, 12 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iowa City Intro, 19 reviews, 31 photos
- Monterey Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos
- Big Sur Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos