"Cardiff on a Rugby Day" Cardiff by pattypoo

Cardiff Travel Guide: 1,031 reviews and 2,996 photos

It was Saturday 24 May 2008 and I made the mistake of going into Cardiff to have my hair done, For all those who have never been to Cardiff on a Match day take my word for it, its a nightmare in the bestest sense.
The streets are full of entertainment, laughter, and people carrying their flags, but beware you will not find a car parking space around.
Wales has the most loyal supporters of Rugby in the world and to see everyone out enjoying themselves was just fun, I usually dont do Cardiff on a Match day but I was so glad i never missed it on this occasion.
Cardiff has so much to offer visitors with good shops,good food and good Welsh people, so come to Cardiff and enjoy.

Street entertainer

How this fella stood still in the heat of the day Is beyond me. he kept his cool and remained there for hours moving slightly now and then to shock the unexpected person. He even remained still with the rugby men getting in on his space poor guy...

More of the Munster Lads & Ladies

• Pros:Wonderful old buildings
  • Cons:Murder to park if a match is on
  • Last visit to Cardiff: May 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 7, 2011

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2011 at 1:04 PM

I missed Roath park in April but I'll be back, some day, I hope! :)

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Love the photo of the swan. My favorite bird ;-)

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Roath Park looks ideal for a picnic and a boat-ride. Nice pictures.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2009 at 5:54 AM

We've always thought of a trip to Wales for our future, just haven't managed to get there yet. someday someday. Looks like you have a fine granddaughter, I'll bet she's all over the place now - just turned one, right?

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Pillars and Plymouth Arms are great by me. So - is it Munster and Cardiff in the Heiners final????

• craic's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2009 at 10:10 AM

oh, now i see the face - and the headscarf - eyes not so great these days

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2009 at 10:09 AM

nice page here. good photos and useful tips. all the best.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2008 at 11:32 AM

Thank you for your kind comments, Patty. Next? Ricky52's "Fish, Chips and Mushy Peas" VT Meet in Halifax, September - should be fun times! Gillybob greetings

pattypoo Was Born Here!

pattypoo

“If your heart is a volcano, how shall you expect flowers to bloom?. Kahil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Cardiff

Have you been to Cardiff?

Latest Activity in Cardiff