"St Fagans Castle" Saint Fagans by pattypoo
Saint Fagans Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 335 photos
In 1948 St Fagans opened as a National History Museum and since then it has become one of the best loved open air museums in Europe. It is the most visited heritage attractions in Wales and once visited you will understand why so many visitors appreciate Welsh History.
Today with support from the Welsh Assembly, all Welsh museums are free of entry charges and now make these wonderful facilities within reach to many more people.
There is loads to do at St Fagans including two play area for children which are situated near the main entrance. The museum has a well stocked shop of craft souveniers, books, postcards and post collected daily
The Grounds of St Fagans are about 104 acres and about 40 acres are still woodland where you can find the big oaks and beech trees.
And the garden or land associated to each bulding or house reflects the period and status of the poeple of those times.
Hidden away are many old walled gardens and I missed the Italian which I wanted to see. I will now have another excuse to go to St Fagans searching for it. This lovely old wall and gate is one you can imagine children finding in a story books with a secret garden hidden behind the wall.
- Pros:Worth a visit when in Cardiff, with very interesting houses
When visiting the castle do buy a freshly baked loaf of bread, you can smell the baker baking it before you see the... more travel advice
pattypoo's Related Pages
Saint Fagans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welsh National History museum"
- "Museum of Welsh Life"
- "Museum of Welsh Life Amgueddfa Werin Cymru"
- "St Fagans: useum of Welsh Life"
- "Prettiest Village in Cardiff"
- "St Fagans - Home of the National History Museum"
- "Acres of Museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Fagans
- Transportation in Saint Fagans
- Restaurants in Saint Fagans
- Shopping in Saint Fagans
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Fagans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Fagans
- 3 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Saint Fagans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Fagans
Photos in Saint FagansSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Cardiff Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Saint Fagans Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Aberdare Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kew Gardens Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Merthyr Tydfil Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bahrain Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Burradoo Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Laugharne Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brecon Beacons Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue