"The Blue Mountains National Park" Blue Mountains National Park by pattypoo
Blue Mountains National Park Travel Guide: 342 reviews and 1,062 photos
This tree was pointed out to me while we visited the blue Mountain. I was shown the little scribble on the bark of the tree and I found it really interesting, I believe it is cause by some sort of insect in the tree but not quite sure.
Well I have looked it up and the scribbles are done by The Ogmograptis Scribula Moth, know to us as the Scribble Moth when the larvea burrows in the new bark it leaves these little squiggles and is revealed when the old bark falls off.
The Legend Of The Three sisters
The Aboriginal dream-time legend has it that three sisters, 'Meehni', 'Wimlah' and Gunnedoo' lived in the Jamison Valley as members of the Katoomba tribe.
These beautiful young ladies had fallen in love with three brothers from the Nepean tribe, yet tribal law forbade them to marry.
The brothers were not happy to accept this law and so decided to use force to capture the three sisters causing a major tribal battle.
As the lives of the three sisters were seriously in danger, a witchdoctor from the Katoomba tribe took it upon himself to turn the three sisters into stone to protect them from any harm. While he had intended to reverse the spell when the battle was over, the witchdoctor himself was killed. As only he could reverse the spell to return the ladies to their former beauty, the sisters remain in their magnificent rock formation as a reminder of this battle for generations to come.
pattypoo's Related Pages
Blue Mountains National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the Valleys"
- "Check out if they are BLUE"
- "The Lower Blue Mountains"
- "Blue Mountains Adventure"
- "Blue Moutains / Katoomba / Three Sisters"
- "Blue Mountains"
- "Blue Mountains National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blue Mountains National Park
- Hotels in Blue Mountains National Park
- Transportation in Blue Mountains National Park
- Restaurants in Blue Mountains National Park
- Shopping in Blue Mountains National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Blue Mountains National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Central & Eastern Thailand
- Schloß Hohenschwangau
- Province of Zambales
- Lower Paia Hotels
- Heemstede Hotels
- Klein Bonaire Hotels
- Karlovy Vary
- Île Sainte-Marguerite
- North Truro
- Kovvur Hotels
- State of Sabah
- Belleair Beach Hotels
- Île de Bréhat
- La Mauricie National Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Blue Mountains National Park
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Blue Mountains National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blue Mountains National Park
Photos in Blue Mountains National ParkSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Cardiff Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Saint Fagans Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Aberdare Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kew Gardens Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Merthyr Tydfil Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bahrain Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Burradoo Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Laugharne Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brecon Beacons Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue