"For sale in Mittagong" Mittagong by pattypoo
Mittagong Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 15 photos
This little town is situated between Sydney and Goulburn on the Hume HIghway and is the gateway to the Southern Highlands. The town was founded in about the 1850s by steel workers from Sheffield hence its other name of New Sheffield. Its iron industry was not successful and was closed down around 1880.
Mittagong today is a rather nice little town with a population of perhaps 5000. It has a good RSL club which has good food at tremendously good prices. It also has a Mc donalds which is popular with the younger generation..
pattypoo's Related Pages
Mittagong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mittagong- The Gateway To The Nations Capital"
- "For sale in Mittagong"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mittagong
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Mittagong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mittagong
Top 10 Pages
- Cardiff Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Saint Fagans Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Aberdare Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kew Gardens Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Merthyr Tydfil Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bahrain Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Burradoo Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Laugharne Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brecon Beacons Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue