"Geneva in a day" Geneva by geordieontour
Geneva Travel Guide: 1,054 reviews and 2,382 photos
Boxing Day decided to fly to Geneva for Dinnner( one of them daft moments)
Departed from Newcastle,flights were a good price considering 2 days notice)
At the airport we made full use of the free travel ticket to the hotel, you collect it from the baggage area and lasts 80 minutes, and travelled in by train total time of 6 minutes saving £20-£25 on a taxi,
We decided to take the short walk to the Hotel Edelweiss from the station total time 10 minutes , but you could jump on bus number 1 to the hotel,
First impressions was what I excepted,Receptionist was really helpful we arrived early at 11.30am and check was 2.00pm but this was no problem, as a room was ready,We were on the fourth floor so used the lift which is small, everywhere tastefully decorated in pine wood and painted flowers,
The room was perfect, clean, fresh plenty of space,The bedroom is decorated in pine with painted flowers (see Photos) good size bed, mini bar rather expensive but there is a supermarket opposite the hotel, bathroom clean modern plenty of hot water, heating working,plenty of wardrobe space,
Not happy you had to pay 12 swiss franes for a tea/coffee tray per day.Room service available.
At reception we received a free travel pass for the duration of the stay, only used it to return to the airport again saving on the taxi fare,
Stayed in the Resturant,that night which was a new experience sampling different fondues etc
.Live music, helpful staff,a bit pricely but for one night worth it,
Overall a delightful stay worth the money, will return in the summer for a longer stay,
Boxing Day decided to fly to Geneva for Dinner( one of them daft moments) Departed from Newcastle,flights were a good... more travel advice
geordieontour's Related Pages
Geneva Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "diplomats, scientists and watch makers!"
- "Le songe d'une nuit d'été"
- "Geneva by Trip@ck"
- "An international crossroads"
- "Home of the America's Cup"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Geneva
- Hotels in Geneva
- Transportation in Geneva
- Nightlife in Geneva
- Restaurants in Geneva
- Shopping in Geneva
- Warnings and Dangers in Geneva
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Geneva
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Geneva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Geneva
Top 10 Pages
- Tynemouth Intro, 21 reviews, 83 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Balearic Islands Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 5 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lloret de Mar Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sousse Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos