"Geordie on tour / Briansintouch" geordieontour's Profile
Well that is another year over, back home and start planing for 2014, will need to see how the cash goes, but looks like all inclusive is the way to go in the present climate, and will Greece stay with the Euro questions for later I think
Next trip the canary islands then onto Rhodes,
Lixouri is the second largest town with a population of 3500 people, according to the most recent census.
It is situated in Palliki peninsula and there is regular ferry boat transport from Argostoli. The visitor can also reach Lixouri driving around the big bay of Livadi.
Lixouri is divided in two parts by a stream and small bridges connect the two banks. It is a modern town with big streets full of trees and spacious squares.
At the town’s port, you can see Andreas Laskaratos’ statue. Laskaratos was a satiric poet who came from Lixouri and lived in the 19th century.
Furthermore, liberal politicians’ busts, such as Typaldos-Iakovatos, Pylarinos and Typaldos Kapeletos-Dotoratos can be seen around the town.
Distinguished benefactors like P. Vallianos, S. Petritsis, the Basias brothers and others helped to reconstruct the town after the terrible earthquakes in 1953.
The inhabitants of Lixouri, as all Cephalonians, are famous for their love and talents in music, literature and art in general. In this frame we should not fail to mention Pali’s Music School which was founded in 1836 and it is one of the oldest and most important in Greece.
Lixouri is very famous for the rich cultural events.
Its Carnival is renowned for its sense of humour and satire and it is the prevailing happening in winter.
The whole island participates in it and apart from its variety and its humorous sense it also possesses a Dionysiac aspect.
It is regarded as one of the most successful provincial carnivals.
During the summer season, the Cultural Centre of Lixouri Municipality in collaboration with other Municipalities and authorities organises various cultural events.
Lixouri’s sights also include Laskaratos’ hill, Iakovatos Library, the Archaeological Collection and numerous magnificent churches with wooden carved icon screens.
This text (extract) is cited January 2004 from the Assoc. of Local Authorities of Kefalonia & Ithaca tourist pamphlet.
Tynemouth is a village located at the mouth of the River Tyne on the North-East coast of England, 6 miles from the centre of the city of Newcastle upon Tyne.
It has stunning beaches permitting a wide range of water sports, including surfing, sailing, wind surfing, jetski, sub-aqua, swimming and canoeing.
Prominent on the headland overlooking the river are the Tynemouth Priory and Castle, dating back to the 11th Century. The village itself is now a conservation area mostly comprised of buildings from the 18th and 19th century.
This is my local every week either out for a walk or for a drink and eats, after 40 years still enjoying the changes, the people, and the crack.
Read more at:TYNEMOUTH
Check out my profile on the sister site trip advisor
Holiday rip offs check this video re code sharing
thanks to moneywise
The first thing to decide , before booking a holiday decide on your budget, and stick to it!!!.
Golden rules price flight only, hotel only and a combination of both.
Use a good site to search for your cheap flights from your local airport. This is the site I use ,
There are various hotel sites to use, it depends if you want to pay up front or at the start of your holiday on arrival
The three sites I use are
Started to use booking.com lately, good reliable service and again you pay at the hotel so no costs up front
If you are visiting Prague
use Prague hotels
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Baguio City Hotels
- Manila Hotels
- Tagaytay Hotels
- Ocean City Hotels
- Kalamalka Lake Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Philadelphia Hotels
- Sonoma Coast State Beach Hotels
- Sharm El Sheikh Hotels
- Punta Cana Hotels
- Johor Bahru Hotels
- Batangas City Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- Puerto Princesa City Hotels
- La Spezia
- Positano Hotels
- Laoag City
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 118 Reviews
- 433 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 21 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- Posted in Travel Newcastle upon Tyne Forum "Re: over 30's on a thursday"
- Commented on mostafamehr's profile page
- Wrote a Review just go and chill out: in Cefalonia Island Restaurants
- Uploaded a Video to Cefalonia Island
updated their Profile Page "Geordie on tour / Briansintouch"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Geordie on tour / Briansintouch"
- updated a Cefalonia Island Travel Page "My Cefalonia"
- geordieontour and mostafamehr are now friends.
VideosSee All Videos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Tynemouth Intro, 19 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Balearic Islands Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 5 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lloret de Mar Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sousse Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Pineda Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22488 Reviews - 55061 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3099 Reviews - 5883 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos