"Ningaloo Reef" Exmouth by didgeridorien
Exmouth Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 241 photos
The Ningaloo Reef is 260 km long. It's more accesible than the Great Barrier Reef, you can walk from the beach onto the reef in some places. There are over 220 species of corals and lots of beautiful fish to see. In March you can see the mass spawning of the reef and humpback whales pass close by in Juy, August, October and November. Between November and January turtles lays their eggs on the beaches and you can see whale sharks when you take a boat trip. Needless to say that this is a place worth visiting.
Coral Bay is great for snorkelling, swimming and sunbathing. It's at the southern tip of the Ningaloo Reef. There's a resort there and you can do anything on the reef: snorkelling, diving, take a glass bottom boat tour.
Exmouth is the biggest city on the Ningaloo Reef. Most tours go from there and it's more flooded with tourists than Coral Bay.
This park is 510 sq km big and runs down the west coast of the cape, along the Ningaloo Reef. There are some beautifu... more travel advice
If you haven't got snorkelling gear, get it! To have your own is always better and you'll use it here for sure. more travel advice
didgeridorien's Related Pages
Exmouth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Exmouth : a very remote town"
- "Exmouth, Western Australia"
- "Exmouth snorkel!"
- "Exmouth - Entrance to Ntl Parks at land and in sea"
- "Coral Bay"
- "Ningaloo Reef"
- "Extreme Bliss!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Exmouth
- Hotels in Exmouth
- Transportation in Exmouth
- Nightlife in Exmouth
- Restaurants in Exmouth
- Shopping in Exmouth
- Warnings and Dangers in Exmouth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Exmouth
- 5 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Exmouth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Exmouth
Top 10 Pages
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mossel Bay Intro, 29 reviews, 25 photos
- Rotterdam Intro, 32 reviews, 1 photo
- Cape Town Intro, 19 reviews, 9 photos
- Australia Intro, 16 reviews, 11 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Kaikoura Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 13 reviews, 2 photos
- Kangaroo Island Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos