"Dorien" didgeridorien's Profile
I was born in Rotterdam, on the 14th of January 1985. It was freezing 15 degrees and our heating wasn't working.
I've got a sister that's 2 years younger and a brother that's 7 years younger. Had a pretty straightforward youth, went to school, had a job at the supermarket, had a couple of boyfriends.
My father became an Australian when he was 19, he lived there for 5 years with 2 of his brothers. When he was in Holland for a holiday he fell in love with my mother and became Dutch. That's why I was interested in going to Australia to see where he lived and meet my family. This was the first travelling I did on my own, and there was much more to come.
I play softball and I'm coaching a softball team. I also love reading, swimming, diving, raquetball and photography.
My travels have brought me all over Europe, because my parents like to pack up some stuff, drive somewhere and go camping in the summer. This way, I travelled a big part of Europe.
When I was 18 I went to Australia for 9 months, and I also went to New Zealand with my boyfriend for 2 months. I also volunteered on whale watch boats in Tenerife for 1 month and did white shark research in South Africa for 3 months. I travelled around Costa Rica with my boyfriend after graduation and am now returning to SA to work.
The thing I love about travelling is that you don't know who you are going to meet or what you are going to do the next day.
I have a bachelor degree in Biology and I've always been interested in nature conservation, animal species and plants. By travelling I've been able to learn a lot more about my interests and there's nothing I love more than being on or in the water in some far away country.
Now I've graduated from my master degree in Lymnology & Oceanography, which I've specialised towards marine biology.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 465 Reviews
- 374 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 92 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
- updated a Isla de Tenerife Travel Page "Tenerife"
- didgeridorien and kingtut707 are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "About me"
updated their Personal Page "About me"
- Wrote a Review White shark cage dive in Gansbaai Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Costa Rica Forum "Re: Backpacking Costa Rica"
- Commented on rdney99's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mossel Bay Intro, 29 reviews, 25 photos
- Rotterdam Intro, 32 reviews, 1 photo
- Cape Town Intro, 19 reviews, 9 photos
- Australia Intro, 16 reviews, 11 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Kaikoura Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 13 reviews, 2 photos
- Fraser Island Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos