"Dorien" didgeridorien's Profile
I was born in Rotterdam, on the 14th of January 1985. It was freezing 15 degrees and our heating wasn't working.
I've got a sister that's 2 years younger and a brother that's 7 years younger. Had a pretty straightforward youth, went to school, had a job at the supermarket, had a couple of boyfriends.
My father became an Australian when he was 19, he lived there for 5 years with 2 of his brothers. When he was in Holland for a holiday he fell in love with my mother and became Dutch. That's why I was interested in going to Australia to see where he lived and meet my family. This was the first travelling I did on my own, and there was much more to come.
I play softball and I'm coaching a softball team. I also love reading, swimming, diving, raquetball and photography.
My travels have brought me all over Europe, because my parents like to pack up some stuff, drive somewhere and go camping in the summer. This way, I travelled a big part of Europe.
When I was 18 I went to Australia for 9 months, and I also went to New Zealand with my boyfriend for 2 months. I also volunteered on whale watch boats in Tenerife for 1 month and did white shark research in South Africa for 3 months. I travelled around Costa Rica with my boyfriend after graduation and am now returning to SA to work.
The thing I love about travelling is that you don't know who you are going to meet or what you are going to do the next day.
I have a bachelor degree in Biology and I've always been interested in nature conservation, animal species and plants. By travelling I've been able to learn a lot more about my interests and there's nothing I love more than being on or in the water in some far away country.
Now I've graduated from my master degree in Lymnology & Oceanography, which I've specialised towards marine biology.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 465 Reviews
- 374 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 92 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
- updated a Isla de Tenerife Travel Page "Tenerife"
- didgeridorien and kingtut707 are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "About me"
updated their Personal Page "About me"
- Wrote a Review White shark cage dive in Gansbaai Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Costa Rica Forum "Re: Backpacking Costa Rica"
- Commented on rdney99's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 25 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mossel Bay Intro, 29 reviews, 25 photos
- Rotterdam Intro, 32 reviews, 1 photo
- Cape Town Intro, 19 reviews, 9 photos
- Australia Intro, 16 reviews, 11 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Kaikoura Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 13 reviews, 2 photos
- Fraser Island Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54962 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2093 Reviews - 4054 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos