Kyoto Nightlife Tips by CliffClaven
Kyoto Nightlife: 61 reviews and 77 photos
Old Cliffie once heard a plaintive voice call across a crowded bar: Ma non c'è nessuno che sa parlare italiano? It was a sad Neapolitan pizza cook who had been in Japan for ten days and who couldn't speak English, let alone Japanese. On a night off from cooking pizzas for trendy young Japanese, he'd found his way to the Pig and Whistle, a British bar that provides an expatriate haven for middle-aged English teachers, thrusting young insurance brokers already dreaming of Singapore and promotion, and the occasional bewildered tourist. Good pub grub, especially when you are in time for their happy-hour special of a pint and a plate of food for 1100 yen - something of a bargain in Japan. The Pig - as it is affectionately called - is handily located opposite Sanjo-Keihan station. Time your visit right and you'll find old Cliffie sitting in the corner.
More Reviews (9)
CliffClaven's Related Pages
Kyoto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kyoto is a must see for every tourist in Japan!"
- "Cultural Capital Kyoto"
- "WORLD OF ITS OWN (Kyoto,Nara,Osaka,Himeji & Kobe)"
- "KYOTO - THE HEART OF JAPAN"
- "City of two thousand shrines"
- "Kyoto: A Family Trip Through a World Heritage City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kyoto
- Hotels in Kyoto
- Transportation in Kyoto
- Nightlife in Kyoto
- Restaurants in Kyoto
- Shopping in Kyoto
- Warnings and Dangers in Kyoto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kyoto
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 35 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Kyoto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kyoto
Photos in KyotoSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Palermo Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Malta Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Sofia Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Naples Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Tehran Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- P'yongyang Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Laos Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (27)
- Gion (Geisha District)- 47 Reviews, 82 Photos
- Kinkaku-ji (Golden Pavilion)- 86 Reviews, 185 Photos
- Kiyomizu Temple- 76 Reviews, 158 Photos
- Fushimi Inari Shrine- 30 Reviews, 84 Photos
- Nijo Castle- 44 Reviews, 97 Photos
- Arashiyama- 30 Reviews, 79 Photos
- Philosopher's Path- 20 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Pontocho- 12 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Ryoanji Temple- 28 Reviews, 63 Photos
- Kyoto Station- 18 Reviews, 22 Photos
See All Kyoto Things to Do