Brunei Things to Do Tips by CliffClaven
Brunei Things to Do: 158 reviews and 270 photos
The Royal Brunei Museum is a few kilometres from the centre of the capital along the Brunei River. It houses an odd mixture of wonderful Islamic art and a history of the oil and gas industry in Brunei. Oh, and they also have some vases recovered from a boat which sank in the area five centuries ago.
The Istana Nurul Iman is the official residence of the Sultan of Brunei. It is the largest residential palace in the world, stretching more than half a kilometre along the bank of the Brunei River. The palace has 1788 rooms; at a room a day, it would take His Majesty nearly five years to inspect the whole palace.
You can’t miss this magnificent place of worship. It dominates the skyline of the capital. The Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque was built in the 1950s and incorporates Italian marble, English stained glass and gold mosaics. The impression of glittering opulence is reinforced by the shimmering reflection in the lagoon. The mosque may be visited by non-Muslims from Sunday to Wednesday.
More Reviews (5)
CliffClaven's Related Pages
Brunei Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bandar Seri Begawan"
- "Jalan jalan at Brunei Darussalam"
- "Oil Kingdom of Brunei"
- "Brunei Darussalam"
- "Brunei – the country that Oil built"
- "A land of Contrasts"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brunei
- Hotels in Brunei
- Transportation in Brunei
- Nightlife in Brunei
- Restaurants in Brunei
- Shopping in Brunei
- Warnings and Dangers in Brunei
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brunei
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Brunei?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brunei
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Palermo Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Malta Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Sofia Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Naples Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Tehran Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- P'yongyang Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Laos Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos