"How do they survive?" Sandefjord by CliffClaven
Sandefjord Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 99 photos
Okay, I guess the photo has got your attention. The Norwegian tourist office likes to advertise the country's sandy beaches and balmy summer weather. But old Cliffie wonders just how they survive in winter. And heaven knows what it is like farther north, because Sandefjord is located in the tropical south of the country. Oh, those summer nights!
But old Cliffie was there in November. The hotel was warm, comfortable, efficient, friendly. And there was a thermometer attached to the wall outside his room. He opened the window to get a better look. That brought the tears to his eyes, as a blast of icy air hit him. Blinking rapidly, he stole a quick look at the thermometer. Okay, it wasn't exactly polar weather: merely five or six degrees below zero. But what is it like when winter really kicks in?
Outside, old Cliffie wandered the streets in search of a post office and listened to the crunchy sound of the studded winter tyres of the occasional passing vehicle. Down at the end of the main street a massive car ferry was loading for the short trip to Sweden. Old Cliffie pulled his scarf tighter, shoved his hands into his pockets and waited for the bus to the airport.
Okay, now that old Cliffie has sold you the idea of a trip to Sandefjord, how do you get there? You can see from the map... more travel advice
No problem if you get lost in Sandefjord. With few highrise buildings in the town, it is easy to locate the soaring... more travel advice
CliffClaven's Related Pages
Sandefjord Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "How do they survive?"
- "A Sweet spot-Sandefjord"
- "The Whale City, my nice tourist trap"
- "Sandefjord, Larvik area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sandefjord
- Hotels in Sandefjord
- Transportation in Sandefjord
- Restaurants in Sandefjord
- Shopping in Sandefjord
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sandefjord
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Sandefjord?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sandefjord
Photos in SandefjordSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Palermo Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Malta Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Sofia Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Naples Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Tehran Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- P'yongyang Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Laos Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos