"CliffClaven says goodbye" CliffClaven's Profile

When saying goodbye it is good to say why. Some people don't.

Old Cliffie joined VT in January 2000 and since then he has learned a lot and laughed a lot with the people here, most of whom are funny, informed and intelligent. He never attended any big VT meets. He doesn't work well in noisy groups and prefers quiet one-to-one meetings where two people can talk and share ideas. He met three VT members and enjoyed the time with each of them. But he was disappointed and saddened when someone whom he regarded as a friend went away without an explanation, without even a simple goodbye.

VT will go on but it is time for old Cliffie to move on from playing in the Virtual World to living in the Real World. He hopes that his former VT friends will keep travelling, keep dreaming…..and keep smiling.

Luxembourg, 17 March 2009

*****

• Intro Updated Mar 19, 2009

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2014 at 5:04 AM

Michael, thank you for signing the postcard from the St. Petersburg VT Euromeet which DAO sent me. Hope you had a marvelous time in that beautiful city!

• DAO's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2014 at 3:24 AM

See you in St Petersburg !!!

Dec 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Happy Happy Birthday Michael!
    Great to see you sneak by VT from time to time, even if you are no longer active. I hope you are doing fine and are enjoying life! :-)

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Aaah, great! You'll be in St. Petersburg too! I didn't realize that. Looking forward seeing you there!

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:38 AM

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I celebrated my birthday in Brussels: not usually known as one of the world's party spots! But I had fun because I celebrated with my family. Thanks for the good wishes.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2013 at 9:49 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OL'CLIFFIE! Guess I'm sending this too late for you to see it this year!

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Thank you, Linda. I have caught your message before the year ends here. Thanks for the greetings.

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Michael, I hope that you have a great birthday and a year packed with exciting travel!

Dec 31, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Thank you for your good wishes, Clare! Exciting travel? Well, I have been to Birmingham Airport a few times - does that count!!??

• diosh's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2013 at 4:23 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CLIFF:-) Thanks for all the lovely cards..over the year:-)
    Have a great day.xx

Dec 31, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Thanks for the greetings! I plan to keep travelling in 2014 - you can expect some more postcards!

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Happy Birthday. PJ

Dec 31, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Thank you, PJ! After my family, you were the first to wish me Happy Birthday. It is greatly appreciated.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Hey Michael!! Nice to see you on VT today!!

• sharonn's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Long time no hear! Sharonn

Oct 26, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Thanks for the comment, Sharonn. I am no longer an active member of VT. This the first time I have signed in since your comment!
      Best wishes, Cliff

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
CliffClaven's Profile Photo

CliffClaven

“The sun in your eyes made some of the lies worth believing”

Real Name