"Medieval and beautiful. One of British tops!" Lincoln by Landotravel
Lincoln Travel Guide: 238 reviews and 578 photos
While talking about ancient medieval cities in Britain means thinking about York, Stratford or Chester, Lincoln keeps smiling silently, waiting to be discovered as it is: another top illustrious member of Britain's finest ancient cities, rivaling easily with many others.
For those who aren't still aware, the first sight of this city is astounding. From the nice stoned train station to the top of the cathedral's towers at top of the hill you realise you'll need TIME and FEET enough -and free memory for your photo camera- to cover it.
From The Stonebow, a stone arch over Witham river acting as a welcome start point to the old city directly to High Street -one of best preserved old English streets- walking up Steep Hill and Castle Hill, terrain keeps ascending more and more into a more acute angle until reaching the top and splendid gift to your pedestrian efforts: the enormous cathedral and Lincoln Castle, while completely surrounded by half-timbered or stoned medieval houses. Then you realise that's definitely worthy!
Built at top of Lincoln hills and facing the Cathedral, this highly interesting historic place is really worth a visit... more travel advice
Walking straight ahead up the hill, you soon reach Steep Hill, undoubtedly one of the most important Lincoln streets and... more travel advice
Landotravel's Related Pages
Lincoln Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lincoln: a wonderful old city"
- "Learning To Live It"
- "It got a hill, a castle and a cathedral"
- "More history than you can shake a stick at........"
- "Medieval Lincoln"
- "A Rich History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lincoln
- Hotels in Lincoln
- Transportation in Lincoln
- Nightlife in Lincoln
- Restaurants in Lincoln
- Shopping in Lincoln
- Warnings and Dangers in Lincoln
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lincoln
- 5 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Lincoln?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lincoln
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 35 reviews, 162 photos
- York Intro, 11 reviews, 48 photos
- Leeds Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos
- Kingston upon Hull Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos
- Stamford Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Vladivostok Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Canterbury Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Lincoln Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Beverley Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
No friends yet.