"Beautiful Britain's stone town" Stamford by Landotravel
Stamford Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 38 photos
Stamford shows itself proudly as "the most beautiful stone town in Britain". Is it so?. Well, everything is subjective but this place is certainly charming and beautiful. With its more than 1000 years of history, river Welland orning its shores, great Burghley House standing at the outskirts, 5 medieval churches and a miriad of pretty old streets different to those from other England's towns due to its dark stoned shape, this place is right feeling proud of its heritage. Another very especial place to visit here!.
"Greatest Elizabethan house". This is the official heading on tourist leaflets and I'll say it's true. It's surely the... more travel advice
Landotravel's Related Pages
Stamford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A fine handsome town"
- "The Stamford Mile"
- "Beautiful Britain's stone town"
- "In Lincolnshire.........."
- "Stamford, Lincs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stamford
- Hotels in Stamford
- Transportation in Stamford
- Nightlife in Stamford
- Restaurants in Stamford
- Shopping in Stamford
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Stamford
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Stamford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stamford
Photos in StamfordSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Munich Intro, 35 reviews, 162 photos
- York Intro, 11 reviews, 48 photos
- Leeds Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos
- Kingston upon Hull Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos
- Canterbury Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Vladivostok Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Lincoln Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beverley Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ripon Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
No friends yet.