"The Eastern gateway out of Wellington" Wairarapa by stevemt
Wairarapa Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 166 photos
Wairarapa - pronounced "Why-ra-rap-a", (often known as "The Wairarapa") is a geographical region of New Zealand. It occupies the south-eastern corner of the North Island, east of metropolitan Wellington and south-west of the Hawke's Bay region. It is lightly populated, having several rural service towns, with Masterton being the largest. It is named for Lake Wairarapa.
The Wairarapa is a country area just an hour or so's drive from Wellington (over the Rumitukas ranges.)
There is a lot to do and see here. You can go to cape Palliser and see the sea lion colony on the beach, got to Castlepoint, or one of the other beaches, shop at the local towns and visit boutique winery's.
Cape Palliser is on the southern coast of the Wairarapa. It is a remote part of the coast, but easy to get to. The Sea... more travel advice
stevemt's Related Pages
Wairarapa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I used to live in Martinborough circa 1980"
- "The Eastern gateway out of Wellington"
- "Wairarapa -on the East Coast of the Nth Island"
- "Castlepoint the best kept secret"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wairarapa
- Hotels in Wairarapa
- Transportation in Wairarapa
- Restaurants in Wairarapa
- Shopping in Wairarapa
- Warnings and Dangers in Wairarapa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wairarapa
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Wairarapa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wairarapa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 61 reviews, 186 photos
- Paris Intro, 26 reviews, 89 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 24 reviews, 81 photos
- Beijing Intro, 27 reviews, 74 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 20 reviews, 79 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos
- Riga Intro, 15 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos