"A farming region just north of Wellington" Manawatu/Wanganui by stevemt
Manawatu/Wanganui Travel Guide: 114 reviews and 308 photos
Manawatu/Wanganui is the farming hub of the lower north island. The main cities/towns are Palmerston North, Wanganui and Feilding.
This is a diverse rural area of the north island of New Zealand where the main farming activity is sheep and dairy farming. Goat and deer farming is starting to take off and make inroads into the traditional farming types in this area though.
Palmerston North houses the main university in the region, Massey University situated on the hill above the city. The university and the hospital are the main employers in the city.
I lived here for many years. I had a 10 acre property just out of Ashhurst, and used to farm sheep, have horses and peacocks, and the pet sheep of course.
I used to hunt (yes the English tally ho style) and actually trained a racehorse or two. I loved that part of my life, but now I am happy where I am and with what I am doing.
stevemt's Related Pages
Manawatu/Wanganui Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SCENIC & DELIGHTFUL SMALL TOWNS"
- "A farming region just north of Wellington"
- "Lovely Foxton, beaches, bulls in Bulls and more"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manawatu/Wanganui
- Hotels in Manawatu/Wanganui
- Transportation in Manawatu/Wanganui
- Nightlife in Manawatu/Wanganui
- Restaurants in Manawatu/Wanganui
- Shopping in Manawatu/Wanganui
- Warnings and Dangers in Manawatu/Wanganui
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manawatu/Wanganui
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Manawatu/Wanganui?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manawatu/Wanganui
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 60 reviews, 182 photos
- Paris Intro, 26 reviews, 89 photos
- Beijing Intro, 27 reviews, 74 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 20 reviews, 79 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 21 reviews, 75 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos
- Rome Intro, 17 reviews, 54 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos