"A sleepy hollow (but growing)" Ashhurst by stevemt
Ashhurst Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Ashurst is a quiet country town, nestled under the Ruahine ranges.
The main street Cambridge Ave is also the main road to the Pohangina Valley.
Ashhurst was named for Lord Ashhurst, who owned land in the immediate area. The Mâori name for the area is Raukawa, after a native aromatic plant (Pseudopanax edgerleyi).
Ashhurst is a satelite town of Palmerston North. It is growing into a suburb of Palmerston North, and in the recent past (about 20 years ago,) came under the jurisiction of the Palmerston North City Council for local government.
There is a wind farm situated on the ranges above Ashhurst, and also on the adjoining Tararua Ranges. They can be seen... more travel advice
stevemt's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Ashhurst
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Ashhurst?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ashhurst
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 61 reviews, 186 photos
- Paris Intro, 26 reviews, 89 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 24 reviews, 81 photos
- Beijing Intro, 27 reviews, 74 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 20 reviews, 79 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos
- Riga Intro, 15 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos