Bribie Island Things to Do Tips by stevemt Top 5 Page for this destination
Bribie Island Things to Do: 17 reviews and 42 photos
This wonderful facility is situated in Sunderland Dr, on the way to Banksia Beach.
It is an Arts Centre and Art Gallery that has regular exhibitions.
The Craft part of the centre includes, pottery, wood work, needle craft of all types, art, paper tole, etc, etc.
Its open 10 - 4 Tues to Sun. and on the 4th sun of each month there is an arts and craft market. (this market may change its dates for easter and xmas so please check)
Address: Sunderland Dr Bribie Island
Directions: On the main road to Banksia Beach.
Other Contact: fax 07 34087900
Phone: 07 34089288
Up at Banksia Beach on the foreshore there is a wading bird sanctuary you can visit.
There are some static posters that are explanatory and worth reading and a lagoon for the birds.
There is a hide by the posters that has viewing apertures for people.
Stupidly when I visited Bribie Island I left behind my 100-300 lens. I wont do that again, and I promise I will return and take better photos
Address: Solander Esp.
This is a National Park in Bribie Island
You are able to camp here, (for a nightly fee per person,) picnic in certain area's, and go for bush walks. You do need a vehicle service permit to drive in the national park and all vehicles must be road registered 4 wheel drives.
Both camping fees and vehicle service permit fees MUST be paid for before entering the national park.
This can be done 3 ways.
1/ You can visit the website www.qld.gov.au/camping
2/ You can ring 131304
Both these method's require either a visa or mastercard
3/ You can call in to the Bongaree Caravan Park, Welsby Pde, Bongaree and pay in person.
NB using option 3 may result in disapointment if the camp sites are booked out before you arrive.
There is a huge range of native flora, fauna and wildlife to be seen here.
Address: White Patch Esp
Phone: 07 34088451
Main part of beach
The beach at Woorim is the only beach that has any surf that is accesable for all. The beach itself is great, has a surf patrol, a surf club with a bar and restaurant, also a pub, other sundry shops and cafe's.
NB There is disabled access to the beach at certain points
More Reviews (3)
stevemt's Related Pages
Bribie Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL BRIBIE!"
- "A quiet relaxing place"
- "Weekend at Bribie"
- "BEAUTIFUL BRIBIE"
- "Bribie Island - an hour away from the big smoke"
- "Bribie Island Has Two Sides"
- "Bribie Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bribie Island
- Hotels in Bribie Island
- Transportation in Bribie Island
- Nightlife in Bribie Island
- Restaurants in Bribie Island
- Shopping in Bribie Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Bribie Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bribie Island
- 7 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Bribie Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bribie Island
Photos in Bribie IslandSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 60 reviews, 182 photos
- Paris Intro, 26 reviews, 89 photos
- Beijing Intro, 27 reviews, 74 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 20 reviews, 79 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 21 reviews, 75 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos
- Riga Intro, 15 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos
- Rome Intro, 17 reviews, 54 photos