"A quiet relaxing place" Top 5 Page for this destination Bribie Island by stevemt
Bribie Island Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 108 photos
Bribie Island is one of Queensland's secrets. The only island in the state to be connected to the mainland by a bridge, it has something for everyone.
There are 5 main residential areas, Bongaree, Bellara, Banksia Beach, Woorim and White Patch. For many years, Bribie Island was considered a retirement centre by many, true there are many retirement complexes here, but there is also many upmarket and upscale housing developments being built as well.
As well as the residential areas, (which take up only a minor portion of the island), there is the Bribie Island National Park which you can go camping in, go for walks, and the normal things available to do in a national park.
Its 1 hours drive for Brisbane (north) and is part of the Caboolture Shire.
There are many walks to do here, parks galore (most with BBQ facilities provided by the council,) A wading bird haven with hides you can watch through, and more. The beaches are good as well.
Have a look at www.tourismbribie.com.au
Up at Banksia Beach on the foreshore there is a wading bird sanctuary you can visit. There are some static posters that... more travel advice
A great little cafe on the Bongaree Esp. Reasonable prices as well as great coffee and food more travel advice
stevemt's Related Pages
Bribie Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL BRIBIE!"
- "A quiet relaxing place"
- "Weekend at Bribie"
- "BEAUTIFUL BRIBIE"
- "Bribie Island - an hour away from the big smoke"
- "Bribie Island Has Two Sides"
- "Bribie Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bribie Island
- Hotels in Bribie Island
- Transportation in Bribie Island
- Nightlife in Bribie Island
- Restaurants in Bribie Island
- Shopping in Bribie Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Bribie Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bribie Island
- 7 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Bribie Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bribie Island
Photos in Bribie IslandSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 60 reviews, 182 photos
- Paris Intro, 26 reviews, 89 photos
- Beijing Intro, 27 reviews, 74 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 20 reviews, 79 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 21 reviews, 75 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos
- Rome Intro, 17 reviews, 54 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos