"A great laid back area of Queensland." Top 5 Page for this destination Caloundra by stevemt
Caloundra Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 122 photos
Caloundra is a nice part of Queensland, warm, interesting, great beaches, but everything still closes at like 8.30pm.
There are a number of popular beaches here, the most popular being Kings Beach. This beach actually has a swimming pool for public use as well as the beach.
The beaches here rule the way of life for the below retirement age section of the population. Its not unusual to see guys walking to the beach dressed only in board shorts, carrying their surf/boogy board.
Most beaches are patrolled and have designated sections for swimmer, and others. Swim outside the flags at your peril.
There is good shopping here in the main street of Caloundra. You can get mostly anything you require. Plenty of cafe's and restaurants as well.
Very good local food and very well priced. Their small sized dishes are big enough for most people as a main. Their... more travel advice
There is an abundance of sea sports available here, Surfing, boogey boarding, wind surfing, para boarding, you name it... more travel advice
stevemt's Related Pages
Caloundra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caloundra, Queensland, Australia"
- "CALOUNDRA BY THE SEASIDE!"
- "A great laid back area of Queensland."
- "Best of Both - Surf and Still Water"
- "Lots of Holidays at Caloundra"
- "Some Love Caloundra Best"
- "Tranquil Beauty"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caloundra
- Hotels in Caloundra
- Transportation in Caloundra
- Restaurants in Caloundra
- Shopping in Caloundra
- Warnings and Dangers in Caloundra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caloundra
- 9 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Caloundra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caloundra
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 61 reviews, 186 photos
- Paris Intro, 26 reviews, 89 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 24 reviews, 81 photos
- Beijing Intro, 27 reviews, 74 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 20 reviews, 79 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos
- Riga Intro, 15 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos