"Kayakoy - a sleepy little rural village" Top 5 Page for this destination Kayakoy by stevemt
Kayakoy Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 65 photos
Kayakoy is a lovely little village not far from Fethiye that is nestled on a small valley.
The town has a history in that, it was origionally a town of about 1500 houses occupied by a population of Greek decent.
In 1923 the Turkish and Greek Governments in their wisdom decided to repatriate the nationals living in each others countries.
The entire village was repatriated to Greece and the village became a ghost town which is a tourist attraction today.
This is a restaurant run by a family on the road that the old ruins start from Well worth a visit, the food is great,... more travel advice
stevemt's Related Pages
Kayakoy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kayakoy - the abandoned town"
- "'The sound of a thousand cats crying...........'"
- "Kayakoy - a sleepy little rural village"
- "Kayakoyu-lots of rubble so mind yr feet!"
- "One dead place..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kayakoy
- Restaurants in Kayakoy
- Warnings and Dangers in Kayakoy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kayakoy
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Kayakoy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kayakoy
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 60 reviews, 182 photos
- Paris Intro, 26 reviews, 89 photos
- Beijing Intro, 27 reviews, 74 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 20 reviews, 79 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 21 reviews, 75 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos
- Rome Intro, 17 reviews, 54 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 13 reviews, 58 photos