"A city of Culture" Liverpool by jetwind
Liverpool Travel Guide: 1,281 reviews and 2,296 photos
The liver city made its name as port and ship builders in fact it was home to Cunard and white star line (famous for commissioning Titanic), later the city gain a reputation for music with creation of The Beatles. Jerry and Pacemakers song a song about the Ferry and stars like lulu and Cilia black are also famous liverpodians.
Today the shipping has gone as had the musicians, but the city has just been award the city of culture for 2008. As a consequence the city is under going a makeover and is looking really good these days.
Take the ferry across the Mersey river. The famous song sung by Gerry and the Pacemakers has made this simple little... more travel advice
The architecture is grand and diverse in Liverpool and is probably one good reason why it’s nominated as a European city... more travel advice
jetwind's Related Pages
Liverpool Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Liverpool - European Capital of Culture 2008"
- "ACROSS THE UNIVERSE"
- "More Than The Beatles...."
- "Liverpool - a dream come true!"
- "Liverpool Revisited"
- "Beatles everywhere!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Liverpool
- Hotels in Liverpool
- Transportation in Liverpool
- Nightlife in Liverpool
- Restaurants in Liverpool
- Shopping in Liverpool
- Warnings and Dangers in Liverpool
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Liverpool
- 11 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Liverpool?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Liverpool
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greater Manchester Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- Blackpool Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Tyne and Wear Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Bolton Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Venice Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- London Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Southport Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos