"I spent a Year in 4 Days in Hickory" Top 5 Page for this destination Hickory by amber1970

Hickory Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 186 photos

Mayberry RFD Could have been shot here!

I had to go to Hickory on business to witness the installation of an exhibit. I googled Hickory, came up with quite a few sites for such a small town, and ended up on VT and made a VT friend, nc_Ziggy. He gave me a few pointers and we had hoped to meet. Sadly, he was out of town the precise dates I was to visit. Timing was not our friend. But I still had a chance to visit the cutest town this side of the Mississippi.

The people were kind, the town was pretty and clean and the nights were quite. This city girl couldn't have asked for more. Well, maybe I could have asked for more: it would have been fun to meet my VT buddy. I hope to return one day.

Ziggy - here's to you! You come from good, hearty stock in a lovely pastoral setting.

I promise more pages and tips, but for now, my intro will have to suffice!

• Last visit to Hickory: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Dec 3, 2005

• Dec 30, 2005 at 7:53 AM

Wow, I've lived here for three years and haven't found as much to do as you. The dare--next time you're here, keep going an hour west on I-40 to downtown Asheville, NC. It is culture par excellence. Well, ok, at least for North Carolina.

• NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2005 at 8:07 PM

HaHaHa! What a pleasure you are! I can't believe that your first pages created are of Hickory! I'm sooooo impressed & humbly honored! I'm sorry I missed you while you were here! I'm still waiting to hear what you saw & did here! :-)

amber1970

“who left these fingerprints on my imagination?”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Hickory

Have you been to Hickory?

Latest Activity in Hickory