"Adourable Stone Carvings of Mardin" Mardin Ili by felixrufus
Mardin Ili Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 755 photos
The almost 1000 years old university. One of the 5 in Mardin. Has a pool in the courtyard to cool down the hot climate.
The old Christian monastery is built on the 4000 years old temple of the sun. It is said that the stones of the building are mixed up with saffron to have a special colour.
The city is built on hills. Conquered by Roman, Artuks, Seljuks, Ottoman, Roman and other empires. The old houses and schools are built from a yellow like coloured stone unique in Mardin.
- Pros:Good climate in June, Sep and Nov. Delicate meal and desserts.
- Cons:Very cold and or hot at other seasons.
felixrufus' Related Pages
Mardin Ili Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Magical Mardin"
- "The Tur Abdin Region"
- "Mardin - Historical, with religious tolerance"
- "Adourable Stone Carvings of Mardin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mardin Ili
- Hotels in Mardin Ili
- Transportation in Mardin Ili
- Nightlife in Mardin Ili
- Restaurants in Mardin Ili
- Shopping in Mardin Ili
- Warnings and Dangers in Mardin Ili
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mardin Ili
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Mardin Ili?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mardin Ili
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (2)
No friends yet.