"Costa Rica" Costa Rica by michanth
Costa Rica Travel Guide: 5,611 reviews and 12,090 photos
My reason and probably most people's reason to visit Costa Rica is the rainforest. I will go back and spend at least 2 weeks. This was just a tease for us. The people of Costa Rica were warm & friendly & the countryside we visited was beautiful.
Banano's, bananos, and more bananos—in fact, Costa Rica produces about 2 million tons of premium bananos a year, 20% of the world's total. For the Costa Rican economy, bananos rank second only to tourism.
So needless to say, banano's are money to Costa Rica.
Interesting enough the banano plant is not a tree but a giant herb and a member of the lily family. It is the largest plant on earth without a woody stem, and grows as high as 25 feet in one year.
michanth's Related Pages
Costa Rica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pura Vida!"
- "Costa Rica"
- "Costa Rica, a land of simple life and beauty"
- "Paradise? Pura Vida? Oh Yeah"
- "From a birders point of view"
- "My Itinerary"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Costa Rica
- Hotels in Costa Rica
- Transportation in Costa Rica
- Nightlife in Costa Rica
- Restaurants in Costa Rica
- Shopping in Costa Rica
- Warnings and Dangers in Costa Rica
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Costa Rica
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Costa Rica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Costa Rica
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anguilla Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Aruba Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Dexter Intro, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 3 photos